Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 05:10 PM

Thanks PC Guy. I passed the info on the Duty Free shop on to others in the group.

When this group sailed on Glory out of Port Canaveral, every adult in the group took a bottle of wine on board. Uncorked in cabin and took to dining room with us. They poured it for us at no charge!

I noticed someone wanted to know if they would know that husband and wife each took a bottle of wine on board. How do they know, at the scanner, during embarkation who is in what cabin with who - THEY DON'T!

We have taken 2 liter bottles of water and coke back on board in St. Thomas, but that was Costa Cruise line - sister to Carnival!
Old 06-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Administrator

I have no doubt that variations in enforcement of the rules happen. All it takes is a crew member who is either distracted or feeling charitable. However in order to be consistent the forum staff will only post the official rules of the cruise lines and not condone efforts to purposely violate the cruise line rules. PC Guy was upfront with Carnival security and they let him pass. It happens. Given that it was the last cruise for the Holiday I suspect the crew probably couldn't care less about the rules when it came to bringing booze aboard in Cozumel.

I've been stopped by cruise line security for putting a bottle of soda I bought ashore in the x-ray machine. They only wanted to ensure it was not holding liquor, and gave it back.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:07 PM

Many travel agents order wine for clients through the ships Bon Voyage department. They most likely assume it's a bottle from Bon Voyage.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:10 PM
I think I remember seen a few but you hgave to rememeber my last cruise from Puerto Rico was on 2008 so maybe this change a little what I really dont remember seen is colas or ordinary beverages at the displays on the duty free but probably you can buy them near port you are walking distance to San Juan. maybe who knows I can help you a little with the spanish I'll be on the same ship...
Old 06-19-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
I noticed someone wanted to know if they would know that husband and wife each took a bottle of wine on board. How do they know, at the scanner, during embarkation who is in what cabin with who - THEY DON'T!
And they don't care. The policy is one bottle of wine or champagne per guest 21 years of age or older. It doesn't matter if they are married or in the same cabin.

The "corkage" fee. It is for consuming wine brought on board in the Main Dining Room or the Steakhouse. It has nothing to do with the actual "uncorking" of it. Or in some cases "unscrewing" it.

Dwayne
Old 06-21-2010, 09:36 AM

Thanks for the great input, Casanova. I think we are going to take the chance and buy the wine once in Puerto Rico...if it doesn't happen, we will just buy wine as we see fit from Carnival and just not pay too much attention to the high charge on the bill
Old 07-10-2010, 08:24 AM

First time on a cruise. The Triumph in Sept to Progreso and Cozumel. What are the prices for beer and drinks onboard?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-11-2010, 01:25 AM

Hi, Welcome to Cruise-Chat and Congrats on your first cruise!

Not absolutely sure, but I think the current prices are listed in the bar menu HERE.

Note the prices do not include the 15% gratuity. If you drink much beer you can also order a bucket of 4 and it saves some. Often they will have gifts for ordering a bucket. I got 3 t-shirts and a Corona visor last year for ordering buckets.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:08 PM

Does anyone know if you can order two bottles of alcohol for your room? My husband likes Rum and I like Vodka. Just want to keep us both happy!! Thanks.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:30 PM
Administrator

You have to order it before the cruise from the Bon Voyage department - and only by phone. I don't know if they have a limit but I have heard of people ordering as many as three bottles.

Just note that it isn't cheap. A liter of Barcardi is $40. Same for Absolut of Stoli. Grey Goose is $60.

Once aboard you cannot order liquor by the bottle.

Call the Bon Voyage department at 800-522-7648. Of course they'll need your booking information.

Closed Thread

Tags
bon, bringing, carnival, checked, crown, including, juan, liquor, luggage, menu, number, phone, royal, san, voyage, wine