Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2008, 02:02 PM

ARE THE GOING TO BE ANY EXTRE CHARGES IM GOING TO HAVE TO WORRIE ABOUT OUTHER THAN THE OBIVOUS
Old 01-30-2008, 03:34 PM

Well I guess that depends on what you think the "obuvius" is. Your cruise includes most everything with the exception of Alcohol, soda, speciality coffee's. Your meals are included and if you get Hungry on a cruise, then that is your fault... Entertainment is included, with the exception of gambling...You have to loose your own $$. Cruising is the best DEAL in town, take it easy and enjoy.... the only added charge would be your gratuities for the staff surving you and I believe they are ususally added to your tab and paid upon checkout...Have fun!!! De&Rich
Old 01-30-2008, 05:52 PM

Hi OHIOTODD, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

I really can't add much to what De&Rich have already noted as far as charges. You might want to have some extra cash for tips for room service, though it is not mandatory. Everything else is at your discretion.

Please do us a favor when posting in the future, and don't post in all CAPS. It is considered as shouting and rude. Just wanted to let you know.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 01-31-2008, 06:50 AM

Gratuities will be charged to your sail and sign account at the rate of 10$ per person per day.

Caribbean Travel Photos

Riu Playacar Resort: Playa del Carmen All Inclusive
03-08 Carnival Triumph
08-07 Carnival Celebration
03-07 Carnival Victory
07-96 Crown Princess
Old 01-31-2008, 07:03 AM

You will be charged for anything you buy on board like pictures, alcohol, or soft drinks. They will add your tips, but you can go to the purser's desk and ask that they be removed. They will be happy to do it. i do that every cruise. I handle my tips personally and i think the crew appreciates it! Plus it makes you feel like a class guy to give your waiter a $50 tip! I think the recommended tips per day are right for the waiter and busperson. I havwe a LITTLE problem tipping the Maitre D if he didn't do anything extra for me...or if I never even SAW him. I adjust my chambermaid's tip accordingly, again, depending on what he or she did for me.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:25 PM

I am going on a my first cruise( 7 day ) in 3 weeks (2/24) .Wanted to know does the cruise line provide shampoo, ? I have looked for this info and cannot find it .We are going on the Carnival Destiny . Thanks for any helpful info .
Old 02-19-2008, 12:07 PM

I cruised Carnival Legend in October 07. There was shampoo and shower gel provided in a dispenser located right in the shower unit. We still brought our own (the girls foo-foo shampoo & conditioner)....but what was provided is suffice for most! Our fine hair requires conditioner if we have any plans of getting all of our snarls out each day.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:15 PM
They usually have some shampoo and conditioner samples in the little basket/dish in the bathroom as well.

The shampoo in the shower dispenser is pretty good though.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 05-04-2008, 08:23 AM

hi ohiotodd

if you are going to the hair salon, just beware they try sell you anything and everything.

Very uncomfortable indeed.

Cheers
Karen

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-04-2008, 08:49 AM

Hello OhioTodd and welcome to cruise chat! One thing to remember is to have money for Port Days. If you plan of getting off the ships on these days, you will need money for possible excursions, transportation, lunch and beverages, and possible souveniers. Have fun and enjoy your trip! (Also Larry in Miami is right about the Shampoo, I used that and the Body Wash in the shower so there was less stuff in the shower. It makes for one less thing you have to pack in your bag)

Closed Thread