Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2007, 05:56 PM

We got a new firewall on our local server. It blocks everybody at first, and then I have to manually tell it who to let through. Carnival said they tried once to email me the specials email, and wanted to send us our tickets email, but they said they can't change it now because their computer tells them mine is not responsive. I've asked several of the operators to try again, and they said they did and it won't let them. Who do I talk to.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:41 AM

Hi sherri,

Not a firewall or server type expert, but here are some ideas.

You could try to print the Docs from the Carnival Site if you booked through them.

Another option might be to sign up for a Web Based email account such as Yahoo or any other. Then update your Carnival Profile and call them with your new email.

I know the email specials come through on Yahoo from Carnival. Hope this helps a little.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:37 AM

great idea. I'll do that. Thank you
Old 07-26-2007, 08:34 AM

Hey, Sherri,
Just print the doc off online should do that for you. IT is much easier than fooling with the Carnival ppl. Although, I find it surprising that no one there can fix the problem for you. Try calling again. You may just have to hit the right person at the right time because they can do pretty much whatever they want to do, in my experience. Just be really nice and say, "I reall need help." That seems to work for me.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:49 AM

I know what you mean. In the background when you call them they are VERY,VERY busy with callers and I'm sure alot of turnover in a call center. I understand that they are doing the best they can. But I have tried five times now and each one say they will try different things, and it still doesn't work. They said they arn't even able to change my email address to a new one. That is puzzling. But I will keep trying. I don't want to be one of the those pests, because mail is fine, but I want to be kept in touch with the sales and stuff.
Thank you Getfuzzy and IslandCruz for your time. I will keep on trying.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:01 AM

If your firewall is blocking the domain name that Carnival uses for the email specials, then there is nothing THEY can do about it. They will not change their sending email address. The probelm would have to be addressed on your side. MOST firewall software allows you to see the blocked emails and let you decide if they should be allowed through. Or, if you have a system adminstrator, you could ask them to "unblock" the sending email domain (sometimes they will say "No" to this request)Without knowing more info on your situation (work or home computer and firewall software) I can not offer more than to find out if you can see the blocked email. Then you SHOULD be able to mark the Carnival email addresses as a "trusted sender"

IF you can not do that OR your firewall blocks any and all images or attachments (which seems sever but possible), then your only choice would be to do as suggested above and get a yahoo mail or google mail account and have them change your email address to that (which you can do online at their (CCLs) site in your account profile) Then you would have to periodically check that other email site which runs through a browser window and therefore would let you see the any pictures or attachments without them having to get through your email firewall.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 07-27-2007, 05:16 PM

See that's the problem that I told them I fixed. The first one was blocked and I saw it and accepted it. But on their end they said it didn't go through so the computer freezes my getting emails. I asked them to try it for a test while I was on the phone with them and they said the computer can't be changed. So I tried it with several other people calling them back and they said the same thing. That's why I asked for ya'lls help. I thought people might have ideas. Thank you.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:28 PM

When are you leaving? All I see is the December 15, 2007 date....maybe it's too soon..

Caribbean Hotel Reviews
Old 07-27-2007, 08:03 PM

Dec. 15th. But I told them that I had not gotten any of the emails that everyone was talking about getting that informs them of one day sales, etc. And I hadn't received a receipt for payments, or anything. That's when they started saying all of this. I am just wanting them to try again, but they say they can't. I have emailed the webmaster of carnival.com. No answer yet. Oh well. It really isn't an emergency. I just wanted to get my emails also.I asked them to change my email address to my husbands and they said they can't even change it for some reason. I will just have to wait for the webmaster I guess. Sometimes I have trouble logging in also on their site.
Oh well. I love this cruise line anyway. I can't wait to be spoiled again. And really I can't wait to see my tickets in the mail. So, I'm all right. Thank you all.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, csmith156yahoocom, mail, receive, tickets