Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2007, 08:06 PM

I am going on a cruise (mexico) in October. I was just wondering if anybody else has and may the answer to my question. What is the age range of the cruisers. Is it mostly old retirees or newly retired, middle aged? probably not to many people under 30 or what?
Old 06-14-2007, 08:19 PM
On a Mexican Riviera cruise in October you will find a pretty good mix of all the above, with maybe slightly more, as you say, middle aged. Not too many elderly and not too many kids. A nice mix.

The cruise line will have somewhat to do with it also. Holland America will be a little older mix; Carnival, a little younger.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:08 PM

General rule, the longer the cruise, the older the passengers. The short 3, 4 and 5 day cruises have more younger people (under 40). The 7 and 8 day cruises have a perfect mix. The 9 day and above cruises are decidedly older with more core families, and few single folks.

Also Europe and Hawaii will draw older passengers than the Caribbean and Mexico. Alaska and Canada would be pretty middle of the road. Alaska used to be for older passengers but that has changed quite a bit.

I did NCL America to Hawaii a few years ago and at least 75% of the passengers were over 65.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 06-16-2007, 08:16 PM
quote: . . ."at least 75% of the passengers were over 65."

Why IBCRUSIN', you say that almost like it's a bad thing. Being 64, I felt right at home.

(I'd put a little smiley face here, if I knew how)
Old 06-17-2007, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:
quote: . . ."at least 75% of the passengers were over 65."

Why IBCRUSIN', you say that almost like it's a bad thing. Being 64, I felt right at home.

(I'd put a little smiley face here, if I knew how)
Hahahaha! Not at all.

In fact, I expected this b/c I had previously visited Hawaii a few times and noticed that many of Hawaii's tourist were a bit older than you see at other tourist destinations. I believe that is because Hawaii is more expensive to visit and so many people view Hawaii as their "dream" vacation and tend to put off visiting the islands until later in life when everything else is done (children, homes, careers).

To be honest, I used the number 65 to be modest. I really thing most of the passengers were quite a bit older than that. Many walkers, canes, and wheelchairs.

Unfortunately, a lot of people find out that so much of visting Hawaii involves dealing with rough terrain that some of what they waited all those years to see can only be viewed from the window of the tourist bus.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 06-17-2007, 07:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by IBCRUZIN':

Unfortunately, a lot of people find out that so much of visting Hawaii involves dealing with rough terrain that some of what they waited all those years to see can only be viewed from the window of the tourist bus.
That is a good point that I had not considered.
Looks like I need to get planning. At 52, there are not to many good "climbing" years left!!
Old 06-17-2007, 09:28 AM
quote: At 52, there are not to many good "climbing" years left!"

LHP, a lot of that can be up to you. My wife and I are both 64 and we did several walking tours, including a "Cloud Forest Nature Hike" on the Big Island at Kona. For several hours we were hiking up or down over rough and slippery terrain.

But we eat sensibly, never use the elevators on ships, and walk at least thrree miles every day. We enjoy the outdoors too much to let ourselves go.

Rick
Old 06-17-2007, 03:58 PM

LHP, I was going through some old posts in a search and came across one you posted a long while back. It was about the change in policy for Interline rates by Carnival that affected your rates. You are aware that it was only Carnival that dropped Interline rates for DHL, UPS, FedEX, ect. right? RCI and Celeb and a few tohers still have these rates for such employees. There are not as many dates for such promotions but they are out there.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-17-2007, 06:18 PM
Banned

52!!??? I'm pushing 52 and still playing softball with 20 somethings twice a week.. No way am I NOT going to be playing when I'm 60. I started on this team at age 34...now I'm playing with the sons of the guys I played with 18 years ago. I can hardly wait for my 12 year old to be 18 so we can play on the same team.

You're as young as you feel; keep active and keep fit. Too much to see to have to do it from a wheel chair or bus.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Banned

LHP, don't order that Hoveround just yet. It's never to late too start a regimen. I didn't become a 5K runner until after the birth of my second daughter. It just takes a short, 2 week time frame to establish, and adhere to, any exercise routine. Find something you enjoy and stick with it. The payoff is immense. There are plenty of excursions calling your name.

A'ndrea

Closed Thread

Tags
30, 40, cameron, cruises, cuise, middleagednot, park, people