Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (
-   Carnival Cruise Line (
-   -   Soda Card Questions... (

sss1 01-18-2007 01:10 PM

Is a soda card something I physically have to carry around or is it part of my "Sign and Sail" card that I am already carrying? How do I get one? When do I get one? Anyone know the prices for adults and kids for a 4-day cruise? Thanks ahead of time...

Dave 01-18-2007 01:25 PM

With Carnival the "Fountain Fun" card is a separate card you need to carry in addition to your Sign And Sail card. You can buy one at most of the bars on embarkation day. I don't recall the prices but adult cards are more expensive than childrens cards.

Personally I think it is not a good deal for adults unless you drink a lot of soda. The card is good for the person it was purchased for, and it is for glasses of soda not full cans - although the soda in the glass is poured from a can.

gdjoslin 01-18-2007 04:01 PM

We usually get a soda card. You pay $44.00pp for an 8 day trip, thats $5.50 per day. I think a soda cost $1.75 on board, so if you drink more than 3 sodas per day, it is cheaper to get the card.

ToddinCanada 01-18-2007 05:18 PM

My experience with Carnival has been that they provide you with a sticker that they attach to your Sail and Sign card. When you order a soda you flash your card/sticker to get your beverage.

cruizinallthetime 01-19-2007 05:18 AM

I always get the soda card, but gdjoslin is right, unless you drink alot of soda it might be better to just buy what you want. I am a Diet Coke drinker and I get a soda at the pool, watching the shows, at a bar, dancing, waiting for friends....I make sure that I use it often
Note to ToddinCanada - I have not had a sticker put on my sign and sail card, always have had a seperate card! That would be MUCH easier!
PS I don't buy the card on the first day because too much running around - I get it the second day - and yes, they prorate it so it is cheaper each day

Dave 01-19-2007 05:58 AM

We get the card for our son on Carnival cruises and it has always been a seperate card. Royal Caribbean puts a sticker on your cruise card.

Candy Girl 01-19-2007 06:26 AM

All this sounds good but I thought you can bring some soda on board w/ you

gdjoslin 01-19-2007 06:42 AM

As far as I know you can bring some soda on board with you.
I might be wrong but I think a sticker was put on our Sign and Sale card on the Pride, in Oct of 2005. On the Sun Princess we had a different card. Sun Princess used fountain soda, the Pride poured from cans.

Jim C. 01-19-2007 10:51 AM

Carnival has the Fun Fountain card. No sticker anymore.

Another thing to consider with the card is that its only good for fountain drinks in GLASSES. You don't get a lot of soda in a glass. For $2.0 you can get a bottle of soda from the bar which is probably 3 glasses worth. Besides, the hassle of having to get a bar tender to get another drink is a headache. We get a card for the kids because they drink more soda and its cheaper for them. But for me, the one time I got one, I felt I wasted money. I drink real drinks in the evening and wine with dinner so I didn't get enough soda to make it worth the money. But if you drink a lot of soda and only soda, its not a bad deal. The earliey comment about needing to drink 3 sodas a day is about what I figured out also.

ToddinCanada 01-19-2007 02:53 PM

I stand corrected, the previous posts are right. RCL gave me the sticker, not Carnival.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:19 AM.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2