Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 07:49 AM

I know I have seen a Pride deck plan showing the laundry areas, however I can not find it right now. Does anyone have a link to one?

Thanks
Gary

Old 09-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Administrator

I hadn't noticed but it does appear they removed them from the deck plans at the Carnival site. I do know there is one all the way aft on the Verandah deck, right across from the aft balcony cabins. We were in one and the laundry door was directly across from us.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:26 AM

Thanks Dave, we will be on the Verandah deck on the Pride in about a month. Will be a little past midship on the port side.We have an extended balcony this time, never been in one of those. look forward to seeing the difference. Just trying to get our bearing, we usually do the clothes once. Is it just me or is that a dumb thing to remove from the plans? Maybe they are trying to save a little ink .

Old 09-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Administrator

It is strange. The laundry was in the big blanked out area across from cabin 7302. Let's start a new rumor - they stopped labeling the laundries because they plan to phase them out to increase revenue with the ship's laundry service!

It is probably an oversight from when they redid their website. I think the pocket-sized deck plans you get at the purser's still show them.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:44 AM

Well I almost started that rumor and was afraid it would come true.
I did find this

Old 09-03-2008, 09:01 AM

I wonder if Cruise deck plans is using a "General Spirit Class" plan. The location they give is different from your confirmed sighting. It is in the location I remember on the Spirit.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Administrator

The reason I remember it so clearly is there was a group aboard which decided to have a big night at the laundry. I heard some commotion in the passageway and looked out. Several women were doing laundry, ironing shirts, etc., while several men had pulled chairs from their cabins and were sitting in the hallway drinking beer and talking to the women. Must be a city dweller thing.

I suppose it is possible they relocated the laundry to a more central location. I guess you'll find out! I was on the Pride in 2002 so it could have changed.

But I was on the Legend just a couple years ago on Verandah deck, in the same cabin location. I swear the laundry was still back there.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
The reason I remember it so clearly is there was a group aboard which decided to have a big night at the laundry. I heard some commotion in the passageway and looked out. Several women were doing laundry, ironing shirts, etc., while several men had pulled chairs from their cabins and were sitting in the hallway drinking beer and talking to the women. Must be a city dweller thing.
If they started arguing about the $10 for tips, I think I was on that same cruise.

Dwayne
Old 09-03-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
It is strange. The laundry was in the big blanked out area across from cabin 7302. Let's start a new rumor - they stopped labeling the laundries because they plan to phase them out to increase revenue with the ship's laundry service!

It is probably an oversight from when they redid their website. I think the pocket-sized deck plans you get at the purser's still show them.
I just talked to my TA's sister, she works in the same office. She thinks that indeed they are going to start phasing them out....
Rumor is getting a little better.
Charging for ttours of the ship,
Charging for steaks
removing laundry rooms

What is next. Paying for room service?

Old 09-03-2008, 08:42 PM

Well, that's a new rumor to me. I don't see anything different about the deck plan. If they were going to phase out the launderettes, I wonder why they put them on the Splendor. Granted the Splendor only has 3 compared to 5 on the Pride. I guess we'll see with the Dream.

I've only been in one of them before to iron a shirt, and that was an experience.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
aft, balcony, carnival, dec, deck, decks, extended, fantasy, find, laundry, plan, plans, pride, rooms, soda, verandah