Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2007, 12:44 PM

I'm thinking of booking this cruise and wondering if anyone has any insight. The port of calls are bahams, St. Thomas, San Juan, Turks and Caicos. Thanks for any help
Old 06-29-2007, 12:58 PM

What type of insight would you like?
Old 06-29-2007, 01:20 PM

I don't know anything about the ship or the ports. I doing a little research now but sometimes it seems better to get advise from someone who actually been on the ship and visited the ports. Thanks for your time
Old 06-29-2007, 01:52 PM

Well, I don't quite know how to respond to your question. Those are some great ports of call. As for your ship, it's a rather large ship at over 100,000 tons. And you will be sharing that space with probably 2700 passengers. I really like Grand Turk but the other ports are very nice. My advice to you would be to go to the carnival website and book your shore excursions through carnival. Also, to avoid any travel complications, I would advise arriving in Miami a day early and book a hotel in the Biscayne Bay area. It's a lot less stressful than same day flight/embarkation and it's nice to be able to look out of your hotel window and see the cruise ships in port.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:18 PM

We were in Grand Turk last December. They've built a beautiful terminal area, with a nice beach and shopping. We did a great snorkel through the ship that took us to 2 sites, one for coral and one for fish. I'm assuming your Bahamas port of call is Nassau, Atlantis is the top attraction there, it is a short ride over the Paradise Island from the port. There is also the Queen's Staircase and the Straw Market. St. Thomas is great for shopping. Magen's Bay and Coki beach are nice beaches on the island of St. Thomas. We normally take the ferry over to St. John and the cab to Trunk Bay. Trunk Bay is one of the top 10 beaches in the world-it is awesome. San Juan a tour of old San Juan or the Bacardi Factory is fun. Can't help you on the ship, haven't been on that one. Best wishes.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:32 PM
Banned

I will be on that ship in November. The Bahama stop is their own island. My excursion at St. Thomas will be the ferry to St. John's Island, and to Trunk Bay. I love that spot, although Coki Beach on St. Thomas is nice also. I'm undecided on what to do in San Juan. The tours I would love to be on are at night, alas, we will have already departed. I'm looking forward to Grand Turk as well since I have not been there yet. I'm sure snorkeling will be in the cards there. Penny, that snorkel excursion you went on looks pretty good to me!
Old 06-29-2007, 05:08 PM

what ports? Did the triump out of miami 4 years ago. Ports were grand Cayman ,cozumel and jamacia. Enjoyed the ship an ports.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:34 PM

We were on the Triumph last September '06 and did the St. Thomas, St. Marteen & San Juan ports. The Triumph is an awsome ship. I booked the Triumph again this Dec to do the same ports that you are going on.
At St. Thomas we went to Coki beach and did snorkeling and had a great time.
This trip we will hit St. Johns and go to Trunk Bay just to see different ports.
At San Juan we arrived at night 5pm and walked the streets for a bit than went to Senor Frogs. Senor Frogs only jumps(pardon the pun) at night the daytime it is very quiet there.
Half Moon Cay I have never been to. but since it is Carnivals own island I think we will have a great time.
The Grand Turks is also new to me. It is a relatively new port for Carnival.

Caribbean Discounts & Deals
Old 07-02-2007, 08:17 AM

If you just want to go to Cozumel, the Holiday is sailing from Mobile, AL, on September 6,2007. My wife and I are going for a long weekend after labor day. You just can't pass up a four day cruise for $180 per person ocean view. (excluding taxes of course) Still, a fun little trip to cure my longing for melting chocolate cake with two scoops of ice cream.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:50 PM

Thanks for everyone's post. I really appreciate all the information.

Closed Thread