Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2010, 09:18 PM

Hi All,

Its been almost 2 yrs since I took my last cruise. I was wondering if it is still ok to bring a case of water and 7 up on board the ship. Seems like alot has changed since 08. Thanks so much.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Hi All,

Its been almost 2 yrs since I took my last cruise. I was wondering if it is still ok to bring a case of water and 7 up on board the ship. Seems like alot has changed since 08. Thanks so much.
Yep, it has changed a bit. Now they say that "non-alcoholic" beverages are limited to a 12 pack and must be carried on. You can read more about it HERE.

I'm still debating whether to attempt to check my 12 pack of water or not. I'm going to be honest about it if I do and show them what it is. I may have to get a backpack with wheels for everything I am going to carry on.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:42 AM

Thanks Dwayne..I didn't see that in the FAQ's section..So I guess since there are 4 of us total, we can bring 2 cases of non=alcoholic beverages? Im thinking 1 cases water, 1 case 7-up.
We have a huge duffel bag with wheels we usually use and check in. I remember we used to bring 3 to 4 cases on without a problem but oh well, some is better than none I guess!
Old 09-26-2010, 02:27 PM
I don't mean to be cynical but why do a lot of passengers worry about carrying cases of water on board? I found the tap water to be so good onboard it is probably as good or better than what is in the bottle you had to lug onboard.
I am just wondering if I am missing something, when we are boarding I see case after case with passengers luggage and don't understand why they lugged it with them?

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 09-26-2010, 04:17 PM

The water is convenient to carry off the boat (without paying for Carnivals overpriced bottled water) and I think its more convenient than having to find a glass and ice to put the water in..my kids seem to drink more water in the bottle as well..that could be just me though.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:02 PM

Bottle water is just tap water. We never touch this bottle water as it's the biggest rip off in the world right now. The water on the ship is great. We drink it all the time. If you need any during your port stay, we just bring a empty water bottle and fill it up from the ship taps.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:07 PM
I do understand the overpriced bottled water, so I just bring an empty water bottle and fill it with water and ice from the room, just an idea to help defray the cost.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 09-26-2010, 07:15 PM

Julie,

I find no matter which ship, the water always has a funny taste. Sorrrrrry fellow posters who like the water. We always bring bottled water. We buy it in Florida before getting on the ship. A case of 24. And we also bring Diet Gingerale 6 of those in case we feel sick (never do) but I have had others travel with us who have. Whichever line, be in Carnival, RCCL, NCL or Princess. They always let us board with our water. Never had an issue. We also do it in Europe. We could not get Nestle water there so we have had to take it across the pond in our luggage and, again, never an issue taking it about Princess in Europe anyways. We will try it again in two weeks when we head off on Eastern Med and Egypt on Princess.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:17 PM

In my case the ship's water gives me problems if I drink much of it. I don't know why. I can tell you that I've heard several crew members tell me the same thing. I saw the crew bringing a bunch of water on board on Curacao once. I asked them about it, they said the ship's water didn't agree with them and Curacao was the best place to get water. It took a few cruises for me to figure out what was giving me problems. Now that I limit my ship water consumption the problems have ceased.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:17 AM

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. The ship's water is fine to me. Never had any problems at all. We do buy a couple of bottles, just to refill, but normally I drink it out of the tap with some ice or from the buffet or in the dining room. Just such a hassle to lug around a case of water. I do understand liking certain types, I only drink distilled at home. I don't drink soda, so that helps, too

Closed Thread

Tags
12, alcholic, beverages, bring, bringing, carnival, carry, case, check, cruise, limit, lines, onboard, pack, soda, water