Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2007, 12:17 AM

I thought I read somewhere of a phone number for anyone to call the ship if we needed to be reached for anything. Does anyone know if there is such a thing. Leaving on TRIUMPH on
Oct. 13, out of Miami.
One more question>>> Does it pay to book a future cruise while on board. And, can you book a cruise with other than Carnival, for example
Princess cruise to Tahiti?
Thanks
Sherry

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-30-2007, 04:43 AM
Hi Sherry,

There is a number someone can call to reach you while on the ship but it is not cheap. I think it will cost them about $9 per minute for the call. The number is on Carnival's website, they will need to use a credit card when they call. I normally just use my cell phone, that is about $2.50 per minute.

As far as booking on board I'm not sure you can do that unless you do it online at the internet cafe. In any case no atvantage to doing that...
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy June 27, 2014
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014

Past Cruises:
42 and Counting......
Old 08-30-2007, 05:22 AM

This gets a little tricky about the policy. I don't understand it totally myself. To contact the ship for an emergency the number is 1-877-225-7447. The charge will be $9.50 per minute.

To get an emergency message to someone without a direct call, have their booking number and/or cabin with the last name. Call the reservations and forward the info. This is my understanding.

It will not be a direct call, but they will try to get a message to them depending on the circumstance. This is how I understood it.

Dwayne
Old 08-30-2007, 06:20 AM

You can book a future cruise on board. I don't think they will give you on board credit for a Princess cruise and I don't think they'll book anything but another Carnival cruise, which they should give you an on board credit for booking. Carnival PCL owns Princess, not Carnival Cruise Lines so I don't think there is any reciprocity there.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:17 AM

Thanks for all the information. Guess we will just use the cell phone. less expensive.
As to booking on board. We want to go to Tahiti.
Will just have to tell Carnival to put a ship over there. I wish...
Sherry

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by SherryG2:
Thanks for all the information. Guess we will just use the cell phone. less expensive.
As to booking on board. We want to go to Tahiti.
Will just have to tell Carnival to put a ship over there. I wish...
Sherry
If you take your cell phone, make sure it is turned completely OFF when you leave the dock.

This has not happened to me (and I don't completely understand it) but some folks have complained that they left their cellphones in their cabins and were charged for the calls when someone called and left them a voice mail....or perhaps a text message??

So just to be on the safe side, we keep our cellphones turned off when on the ship.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:23 PM

The reason for the charge on the cell phone when no one answers, but the call goes to voice mail is....

The phone call/signal is bounced off of International Satellites/towers & it's the International provider that's charging for the call...NOT your regular provider.

Closed Thread

Tags
call, cruise, emergency, message, ship