Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2006, 10:24 AM

does anyone lock there luggage someone told me to lock the luggage when we get it off the plane we have all our transportation included to and from terminal

thanks sharon
Old 10-05-2006, 10:24 AM

does anyone lock there luggage someone told me to lock the luggage when we get it off the plane we have all our transportation included to and from terminal

thanks sharon
Old 10-05-2006, 11:21 AM

Sharon

I never do. If I had valuables in my suit case then maybe however I always carry them on myself. In my opinion if some luggage guy wanted to get into my suitcase then a little lock through the zipper will do the same as if I put a zip tie through it, then I won't have to worry about loosing the little key. I am going to suggest that my low end suit case will get over looked for the nice fancy ones, and that the guys that are loading the ships have better things that they can steal then my pair of jeans and a dress shirt.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:52 PM
I have a small combination lock (no key to lose) and yes I put it on when I hand over my suitcase to the cruiseline.
I do NOT put any valuables or meds in my luggage I carry them with me then lock what I can in the safe once onboard.
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 10-05-2006, 06:32 PM
I usually put a lock on the luggage. Yes, it is easy to take off but it takes one more step than the ones without the lock. If you do use a lock make sure it is a TSA type lock or it will most likely be cut off if the want to inspect.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 10-05-2006, 08:27 PM

I too lock my luggage before it goes to Porter at Cruise Terminal. If for no other reason than it keeps it from comming open on it's own during transport. The Handlers/Porters are not Carnival employees, so you never know, and sometimes your luggage can sit in the hallway before you or the Steward gets it in your cabin. I have never had a problem, and as LHT said I don't put any valuables in my checked luggage at the Pier Terminal.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:57 AM

I use Electrical Ties (Zip Strips) they keep your luggage closed, can be removed by the TSA who also use them and I use Colored ones as they give a visual both that the luggage is mine and that they have not been tampered with
Old 10-10-2006, 12:32 PM

I use tie wraps in my job so around my side of the bed you can always find some (plus electrical tape). I think if the wife saw another (d--m) tie wrap while on vacation I might end up with one where I didn't really want one if you know what I mean.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:04 PM

I'm with the majority. I use the little locks as an extra diversion. Absolutely NO valuables in the suitcase. Before my last cruise I got a package of 3 American Tourister locks for under $10 at Wal-mart.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:54 PM

That's true about the comming apart thing. We were on the destiney the last week of May. I had just boarded the ship and and was watching them load the luggage on board when the container broke and luggage was all over the place. One of the suitcases came open and a few shirts got out. So long story short good point about the zipper comming apart

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cruise, lock, locking, luggage, royal, terminal