Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 07:02 PM

I returned from the Carnival Pride on 2-7-2010. Let me start with saying that besides 1 problem we had a wonderful time. Food, shows, childrens areas were awesome.
Unfortunately we were in a upgraded balcony room, #6279. For 4 of the 7 nights there was a HUGE banging in the hallway outside of our room. When we complained to crew they said it had been there for some time and had not been fixed(spoke to 3 seperate people). Guest services acted as though they had never heard of it. This noise woke us up at night numerous times for 4 of the 7 nights and prevented much needed naps during the day. They did offer on day 5 to give us 2-2 person rooms but we have 2 children and were not comfortable with seperating them. We were on vacation to be together, not seperated. In the end they did not fix the problem but did credit us $47.50 for our trouble???? They should be ashamed for continuing to rent this room and several others when they choose not to fix whatever is banging around in the room!
Old 02-08-2010, 11:21 PM

Hi barbrep, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

Sorry to hear about the banging noise outside of your cabin. If you would have joined the forum before the cruise and asked about the cabin location, most likely you would have been informed of that possibility with that particular cabin.

It's a ship and it will have noises. Some locations are quieter than others. Glad you had a wonderful time on the beautiful Carnival Pride. Well, except for the noise.

Dwayne
Old 02-09-2010, 09:56 AM

I will certainly check my room next time. Thank you!
Old 02-12-2010, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by barbrep:
I will certainly check my room next time. Thank you!
Yes Welcome to cruise chat.

Room 6279 on the Pride is next to an elevator. I suspect that a cable was loose and everytime someone used it bang bang bang. I've had room by elevators before and it was OK. But I may think twice now. Thanks for the tip Barbrep.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Banned

Might I suggest that you write a "well worded" letter to Guest Relations...

Carnival Cruise Lines
3655 NW 87th Avenue
Miami, Fl 33178-2428

From what you have described, you have a legitimate complaint.

Now (please understand that I am not suggesting that you don't know how to write a well worded letter) if I could be so bold as to suggest that you start your letter with all the positives....then say "however the reason for my letter is..." and then just the facts.

No exaggerations or judgments....just try to write the letter in such a way that the reader can put themselves in your situation.

The very few times we have had to write letters, this kind of communication has worked well for us.

Also, realistic expectations. You won't get a free cruise...but perhaps a discount to be used in the future ????

Some people suggest that a writer list the expected compensation. I have never used that approach and I have never been disappointed.

Sorry you had this issue....hope this suggestion helps.

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, cabin, carnival, complaints, cruise, legend, letters, line, lounge, miracle, photos, picture, pride, review, room, send, ship