Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2007, 03:23 PM
you know what after all the crazyness after 911 I believe is a good advice DAVE,
but I read about this trick in someplace but to be true I have never try it .
I Smoke a cuban cigar In my last cruise and it only break my lungs that thing was really strong I did not like it that much and also like I tell you I am a chicken with this things....
Old 05-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Customs And Border Protection has some rather severe penalties they can pursue for those who attempt to smuggle Cuban Cigars into U.S. territory.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Maybe I lost something in my translation, remember I speak Spanish so my bad, sometimes, I donít know If I speak or write in English that well Sorry for the troubleÖ
What I meant was that your advice was the good one
not the one I just posted and yes there can be severe penalties in USA territories thatís why I donít break the law thatís why I said I was Chicken LOL
But I smoke it in Aruba so I believe I did not break the law by doing it, It was not USA territoryÖ
dont take my words that seriously
please
Old 05-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Administrator

I understood what you were saying. I was just adding some more info for those who might be curious.

BTW, strictly speaking it is against U.S. law for a U.S. citizen to buy Cuban products anywhere in the world unless they have an approved travel permit issued by the State Department. The legal issue is that you are buying a banned product regardless of which country you buy it in....so you are giving aid to the Cuban government. Obviously this is virtually impossible to enforce since it would require cooperation from other governments, such as in Aruba or Grand Cayman.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:28 PM

Or Canada for that matter! No wait, they say they cooperate.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:14 PM

After reading all of this, I am thinking they may ask certain questions based on the ports visited. I know I said this before, but when coming back from Bahamas they sometimes don't ask anything, they just collect the paper.

But when I took a post cruise flight back to St.Thomas from San Juan for a few days extra and went through it was like the 3rd degree. And mind you I had came from PR and leaving the Virgin Islands both US territories flying back to the US. It was 3 weeks after 911 though.

And they ask on the paper which countries you visited, so is why I think it might have something to do with it.

Sorry for the long winded post, just trying to figure it out myself.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
canadian, carnival, carribean, confiscate, confiscated, cruise, cuise, customs, debarkation, process, seashells, ship, ships, st, taking, thomas