Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2006, 05:09 PM

Considering a catagory 5A obstructed cabin with French doors, anyone had one of these? Do the doors open? Is there a window? Can you see the ocean at all? Can you go outside?

Couples Resorts: All Inclusive
Old 02-07-2006, 05:46 PM

Hopefully you will hear from someone who has cruised in a Cat 5A/Spirit Class ship and can tell you first-hand what the experience is like.

Meanwhile, I'll tell you that I cruised on the Legend of the Seas last year and took a good look at these staterooms from the outside, down on the promenade deck below. There are two glass doors forming a huge window; at least one of the doors slides open. There is a railing right there to keep you from falling out, but there is no ledge or balcony of any kind. All of these staterooms are recessed in from the side of the ship the width of the promenade deck, so you see (and hear) down onto this public deck and anyone walking down there can see up to you. You probably want to have clothes on when you stand at your French doors! All of these staterooms seemed to be obstructed by either lifeboats or other support columns or equipment. In some cases I would guess that you might be able to see the water, but may not have any real view.

Lana
Old 02-08-2006, 12:24 AM

Thanks for the info, I was wondering about the privacy issue. Still might be nice to get some air, will consider it.

Old 02-09-2006, 06:17 AM
Banned

Lana
Did you mean Carnival's legend or RCL'S Legend of the Seas? If you sailed on the Carnival Legend how did you like it? We are going soon and would like more info. Tom
Old 02-09-2006, 12:34 PM

Yes, several liners have cabins with French doors, they are obstructed views usually with a life boat in front. I cruised on the Legend had a catagory 6 A ocean view, it's a great ship, good service, shows, food and fun staff, any questions let me know.

Old 02-11-2006, 07:15 AM
Banned

Showcat
Thanks for the info. You did sail on the Carnival legend correct? Lana was talking about the LEGEND OF THE SEA'S. I don't know if she meant RCL'S ship or the Carnival Legend.From what I hear the Carnival spirit class ship's are a step above the others in quality and service. Is that your opinion also? Thanks again. Tom
Old 02-11-2006, 03:08 PM

Well Tom, I liked the Legend just fine. To be honest I've only cruised Carnival twice and Costa once so I don't have much to compare to. Our room steward was great, the waitstaff some were good some were slow. The ships are very nice, the food ranged from mediocre to very good, depends on what you order. I want to try to go on Celebrity one of these days and Princess as well to compare, Im sure I will get spoiled on those lines, but they may attract an older clientele also.

Old 02-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Banned

Showcat
We have saided Celebrity the last 4 cruises and were totaly satisfied with the service and quality of food. But they do not keep thier ship's in nice condition.They let them get very rough brfore dry dock.The Horizon was down right nasty when we were on it.The Century was in good condition 3 years ago but getting very worn the last time we were on it.I might suggest Holland America as an alternative to Celebrity.Celebrity is almost double in price compared to some others, and not worth it.JMHO.Tom
Old 02-13-2006, 02:32 AM

Do you think Celebrity has a younger crowd then HAL? I want to try both to see for myself but I might look at the age of a ship as a factor. Both recent cruises on Carnival and Costa were on pretty new ships the Legend and the Med I was happy with both. I do think each line has it's own feel and probally each ship. Some things you like others you feel they lack.I want to do HAL to Alaska and Celebrity to Hawaii someday.

Old 02-13-2006, 01:11 PM
Banned

Show
It depends on the ship and the itinerary. But overall I would say on average that HAL would be a little older crowd.Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
7a, cabin, cabins, carnival, class, cruise, door, doors, frech, french, legend, obstructions, review, seas, spirit