Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2007, 02:38 AM

Hi I sail on the triumph on the 8th sept my problem is to give my wife more luggage space on the flight from the uk I do not take my tux in jan I was in miami a week before the cruise and a week after, so I was able to hire from a great place in miami called mr tux they altered the jkt to fit me, this sept I will stay in miami for 2wks before and fly home the same day,so I cannot do the same, if I hire from carnival do they have an alteration service on board? regards
Old 05-30-2007, 09:41 AM

I'm pretty sure they do NOT have alterations available. BUT, they usually do have a tux shoppe so they could get you something if you need it. Hope that helps.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:46 AM

On the television on our ship they ran something about the formalities shop over and over...they said that they would alter to fit your size with no added charge...may not be the case on all ships, but it's worth digging further into to find out...I only remember that because I was shocked to hear it.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by steve elster:
Hi I sail on the triumph on the 8th sept my problem is to give my wife more luggage space on the flight from the uk I do not take my tux in jan I was in miami a week before the cruise and a week after, so I was able to hire from a great place in miami called mr tux they altered the jkt to fit me, this sept I will stay in miami for 2wks before and fly home the same day,so I cannot do the same, if I hire from carnival do they have an alteration service on board? regards
Steve, Go to the Carnival Web site and have your professionally taken measurement ready.
In the Gifts - Formal Wear Rentals section you can order your Tux from the Formal Shop and it will be fitted to your specifications.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:19 AM

Thank you, for your help steve
Old 06-02-2007, 05:52 AM

Steve...great name by the way...

I meant to add one thing about renting a tux on board...super easy...super convenient! But $60-80 for a rental? If you're going to rent more than once a year, you're better off going to eBay and buying one!!

Just a thought.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:04 AM

Steve thanks, I have one, it is the transportation,we have a 2 weeks before,and because my wife likes to shop,and fill the cases,we tend only to take the basics and by the rest, so she tells me that my Tux stays in the closet, the prob is that I have a 48inch chest, and 36inch waist so rental jackets looks like a tent and needs to be taken in. thanks for the help
Old 06-02-2007, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by steve elster:
Steve thanks, I have one, it is the transportation,we have a 2 weeks before,and because my wife likes to shop,and fill the cases,we tend only to take the basics and by the rest, so she tells me that my Tux stays in the closet, the prob is that I have a 48inch chest, and 36inch waist so rental jackets looks like a tent and needs to be taken in. thanks for the help
53 and 40 here, same problem. (you are speaking inches and not centimeters?)
Old 06-02-2007, 11:30 AM

ken imperial not metric,although as you seem to be similar some part are in millimetres, keep cooking, steve

Closed Thread

Tags
alteration, carnival, cruise, servises, suits, tuxedo