Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2007, 04:36 PM

I read on Carnival's site that there can be problems in arriving early. I had planned to arrive at Port Everglades for my cruise on the Miracle around 1100 hrs. Would that be a problem?
Old 12-17-2007, 04:36 PM

I read on Carnival's site that there can be problems in arriving early. I had planned to arrive at Port Everglades for my cruise on the Miracle around 1100 hrs. Would that be a problem?
Old 12-17-2007, 05:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by VA Gentleman:

1100 is too early. I assume your boarding time is 1:30 pm. If you get there at 1pm you should be in great shape. You can stop at Lester's diner on the way to the port (Hwy 84) and have lunch. The greek salad there is pretty good. Also try the Gyro sandwich.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:39 PM

Hi VA Gentleman, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

The last few years we have been getting in line about 11 AM without any problems. This last cruise they even handed out flyers in line saying the cabins would not be ready until 1:30pm, but they wanted to welcome early arrivals on board for lunch!

Of course this will depend if the ship is cleared by then. Sometimes there are hold ups.

Also see this thread.

Welcome Aboard,

Dwayne
Old 12-18-2007, 06:12 AM

Hi VA Gentleman, welcome to Cruise-Chat. 1Sgt had a great suggestion, Lester's is a well-kept secret of Ft. Lauderdale. It's always packed, so I guess it's not much of a secret after all. 1100 is a little early, but if you don't mind standing in line, you'll be at the head of the line that way. When we boarded the Emerald and the Magica, they didn't open the doors to the terminal until noon. Carnival might be different but they can't start things until the last voyage is finished. They have to get everyone off, everything restocked, everthing cleaned, all the food set out, tables and chairs set up, etc. It's amazing to watch them work while you're waiting to debark, can't see much while you're standing in line to embark. Some of the terminals don't have much shade either, so you might want to bring a brimmed hat or an umbrella. Best wishes, have a wonderful cruise and Happy Holidays!
Old 12-18-2007, 01:56 PM

I cruised on the Liberty in August. 1100 is the time I got there and I processed thru with no problem. Waited about a half hour and was boarding at noon.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Administrator

We've never had a problem boarding around 1130 to noon - other than lines. And that is really the reason behind the dire warnings about not showing up until 1:30 - crowd control. The lunch buffet always opens well before 1:30, so it is obvious passengers are expected to board before then. As mentioned earlier, the cabins won't be ready until after 1:30, but so what! Eat lunch, look around, have a drink, and suddenly it is time to go to the cabin.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:39 PM
11:00 is a great time to arrive, you will avoid the long lines. You may have to wait until 11:45 or so to board but you will be able to have a nice Lido deck lunch and avoid the lines there too.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------

Read and post cruise reviews

Past Cruises:
34 and Counting......
Old 12-22-2007, 02:32 PM

Thanks all for your experience in boarding. 27 days to go!
Old 12-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Got to be one of the first in line for one of the Lido deck cheeseburgers and a DOD.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------

Past Cruises:
34 and Counting......

Closed Thread

Tags
12, arrive, boarding, carnival, cruise, cruises, eat, embarkation, everglades, facination, fascination, lunch, port, splendor, time, times