Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 11:18 PM

Hi
we r planing our 1st caribbean cruise with our 4 kids (15,13,10,8) oct 2008. valor or triumph- does it really matter? they both go to east caribbeans but ports are different.
thank you
Old 04-02-2008, 06:21 AM

Hi jamjam, welcome to Cruise-Chat. What a great adventure you are planning. For me it would depend on the itinerary and I would prefer the Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk itinerary. The other itinerary is Nassau St. Thomas, St. Maarten. I prefer Half Moon Cay to Nassau, personal preference, but a beautiful beach. And it is a private island so you don't have to contend with outside traffic, local vendors, etc. San Juan is great for the children, forts to explore in Old San Juan. If they like snorkeling, Grand Turk has some really good snorkeling (as well as St. Thomas). St. Maarten isn't one of my favorite islands, but it's ok if you've not been before. Don't waste your money on snorkeling there. You'll have less sea days with 4 ports of call, so that might keep the children more active/excited. Either one you choose will be a great adventure for them. Can't wait to see which one you select. Best wishes and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:19 PM

Welcome to Cruise-Chat jamjam!

The Triumph's itinerary looks better to me. That is a tough choice though. The Triumph will be fresh out of Drydock also. However the Valor was just recently out as well. Just not a big St. Maarten fan.

Best wishes on your decision, and welcome aboard.

Dwayne
Old 04-04-2008, 12:43 PM

thank you for answering!!
we think we will take the west (cuzumel,caymen,ocho rios) and not the east (st thomas st. marten). it is so hard to decide...
any suggestions?
Old 04-04-2008, 01:34 PM

Hi jamjam,

I agree with Penny and IslandCruz, I would go Eastern on the Triumph. We went Eastern on the Valor last October and had great time. The only thing we did not like was only 3 port days and not 4 that we are use to on a seven day cruise. We have sailed the Western Carbbean a few times and this was our first time going east. I enjoy Western better but the wife and kids enjoyed Eastern better. To each his own.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread