Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2006, 09:05 AM

Hello everyone! I am taking a cruise next week on the Inspiration and I was wondering if anyone had any tips, tales, or other useful info for me?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. Cruising with husband and another couple. First cruise for all but myself (10 yrs ago on Royal Caribbean).
Old 04-18-2006, 09:57 AM

My biggest advice to people is to always be sure to read your daily bulletin (Carnival Capers) very thoroughly each day. Circle or highlight things. So many people don't and then complain because they missed or didn't know about something. I also think the best thing to do when you first get on a ship (after eating your first lunch ofcourse) is to get a map of the ship and do your own little inspection. Visit all the public decks to find out where everything is. Even walk through the Gym and Spa. You might find some quiet out of the way hot tubs up there that others won't find. When dining in the restaurant never be afraid to let the waiter know if you need something. If you order something and it's not cooked properly, or you just don't care for it, then tell the waiter and order something different. Too many people don't speak up, then complain that the food was horrible. I found the Inspiration to be a nice ship. I hope you have a nice cruise.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:37 AM

Thank you so much Cruise Fanatic! Reading these forums helps a lot.
Another question though: is a Marriage license necessary for proof of name if you are using a birth certificate?
Thanks in advance!
Old 04-18-2006, 10:45 AM

It is advisable to have a marriage certificate (not license) along with you, as well as the birth certificate. Both must be originals or certified copies, with seal affixed, issued by the appropriate governmental body (county or state). Usually the marriage certificate isn't asked for, but there are times when it has been; if your name is different on your driver's license and your birth certificate, then I advise having the marriage certificate as well.

Of course if you have a valid passport, then you won't need those 3 separate pieces of ID!

Closed Thread