Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2007, 12:33 PM

Went on Carnival Conquest returned on 4/15/07. Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-20-2007, 02:18 PM

I'd love some info! Did you participate in any shore excursions? If so, did you book through Carnival? We are traveling in August with 13 people (including 3 teenagers). Can't wait!
Old 04-20-2007, 04:02 PM

I would like to know what kind of cabin you had. This will be our first, and we can't decide if we should spend extra for balcony or go with interior. Also, and shore excursions would be great to hear about!
Old 04-20-2007, 04:57 PM

Do you have childen? If so, did you try out the Camp Carnival program for toddlers!
We are leaving May 13th.

Thanks
Old 04-20-2007, 05:38 PM

If you could give us a mini review that would be great!

Thanks!
~gina~
Old 04-21-2007, 12:26 PM

Carolg903 - Yes we participated in excursions in Monteygo Bay and Grand Caymans. Cozumel we just walked around. In Monteygo Bay we did the rafting down the Martha Brae - this was very relaxing & romantic. You get pushed down the Martha Brae River on a bamboo raft w/a two seat bench on the back. Our pusher was very good, told us alot about the plants/wild life, sang, pointed out lots of things I would have not seen on my own. On the other hand my sister & her husband had a guy that was not good. In Grand Caymans we took the Grand Cayman Island Tour which was pretty good, you went to the town of Hell, a tour of the island and the Turtle Farm. You can mail post cards from Hell and hold the turtles - word of advise, don't waste your money on the turtle soup.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-21-2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by undecided:
I would like to know what kind of cabin you had. This will be our first, and we can't decide if we should spend extra for balcony or go with interior. Also, and shore excursions would be great to hear about!
We traveled with 6 individuals including ourselves. We had an interior room which was fine for us. Across the hall was my sister and her husband w/a balcony. It was a bigger room but I didn't think it was work paying the extra $600. My nephew & his wife were on deck 2 with an ocean view - Same size as balcony but w/just a window. The balcony was nice when arriving/leaving at the ports because you could stand out and see the view. We were on the Empress deck - level 7.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-21-2007, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nutmeg:
Do you have childen? If so, did you try out the Camp Carnival program for toddlers!
We are leaving May 13th.

Thanks
Did not take kids this time. Although, there were lots of kids on the ship and I did hear parents making good comments on Camp Carnival.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-21-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ginag:
If you could give us a mini review that would be great!

Thanks!
~gina~
The cruise was wonderful. Had a great time the entire week. The cruise director, Mark Price, was great. He was super funny and very involved with pretty much everything. At the beginning of the cruise, they broke the ship into 3 teams - red, white & blue. Each team won points by participating in different events. The last night they announced the winner - Blue of course, that was my team. The shows were all really good except the magician, she sucked. The comedians were all really funny. The waiters/assistants in dining room were very good also. As for the ports, Montego Bay was really pretty, the mountains are beautiful. We took a taxi to "Blue Diamond" for shopping, he was really good, told us alot about Jamaica. I realized really quick that they don't know how to drive, though. They drive absolutely crazy. After that we took the Martha Bae raft - very nice - see earlier comment on that. Grand Caymans was pretty too. But no mountains. You can definately tell they got hit had by the hurricane. BUT they are definately making a big comeback. We paid for th e2 hour excursion Island Tour. After getting off the ship, you seen individuals there there were somewhat cheaper than the excursion doing pretty much the same tour. After the tour we went to Seven Mile Beach and played in the water - that was fun too. The water is absolutely gorgeous. In Cozumel, we did not do an excursion, simply walked around. If you shop, just act like you are not going to buy the item and they will definately reduce the price. My husband looked at some boots - they started at $460, went down to $100 - didn't buy thought because he didn't like the way they fit. On the ship, the Mardi Gras party was LOTS of fun. Each color team got in groups and went to different parts of the ship at different times and chanted ("Blue there it is")
and had a good time, then all met up on the Lido deck for a big party. The food was absolutely wonderful. The ship is gorgeous. We had a couple of rough times with the water but nothing that was too bad, one night they made everyone come in because of the wind and one night the captain had to get of course to miss a storm.

Any other questions, please ask. Over all the cruise was SPECTACLUAR, we are ready to go again.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-21-2007, 03:24 PM

Thank you so much for posting your experience. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! We are anxiously awaiting for December!

~gina~

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, conquest, cruise, review, toddler