Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2006, 06:06 PM

I was thinking about booking a cruise on the Holiday ship. I have read that it an old ship. I wanna know if it is worth the money and time taking this ship. Can anyone help me? Please
Old 01-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Administrator

I like the Holiday a lot. It is indeed the oldest ship in the Carnival fleet, and therefore shows some wear and tear and is rather quaint when compared to the newer ships we see these days. But the Holiday offers an enjoyable cruise on a ship that allows you to maintain contact with the sea. It is currently under charter to FEMA and will undergo a refurbishment prior to returning to service with Carnival.

To me it is worth the price, but you have to have your expectations set properly and realize the Holiday is a 20 year old vessel. Do that, and you will have a great time.

Here is my last review of the Holiday: Holiday Review June 2005
Old 01-23-2006, 01:53 PM

LEAVING ON A CRUISE SAT TO KEY WEST AND BAHAMAS. TOOK FIRST CRUISE LAST YEAR ON THE HOLIDAY AND LOVED IT. THE FOOD IS FABULOUS, ENTERTAINMENT GREAT, GAMES FUN. ANYONE WHO CAN GO ON A CRUISE AND SAY THEY DID NOT ENJOY IT PROBABLY CAN'T ENJOY ANYTHING. WE ARE TRYING A DIFFERENT BOAT BUT STICKING WITH CARNIVAL FOR A WHILE.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:36 AM

We have sailed the Holidy three times and have a fourth booked in May. Very nice ship. Clean, well kept and nice and quaint. (not too crazy about the Mega Liners) The best part about the Holiday (other than the price!!) is getting to the port. Easy drive from the midwest. No traffic. Road signs are clearly marked, and security is nice and tight. I would recomend the Holiday anytime. I just hoped after FEMA has its way with her, she'll come back in one piece!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
bahamas, big, boat, canival, carnival, cruise, ground, holiday, review, ship, ships, star, worth