Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 07:17 AM

I have done 10 carnival cruises and I am thinking about the going on the Legend. How does it compare to the others. I have done the Glory and all the Fantasy Class ships. If you have done these what is the difference in the Legend. What stands out.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:58 AM

I guess the main thing that stands out is the unique design of the ship. I really like the layout of the Spirit Class ships! The decks are easy to walk through from bow to stern. The Lido deck is awesome with three pool areas.

I recently cruised on the Legend and it looked like it was still a brand new ship.

Dwayne
Old 01-05-2008, 06:24 AM

I sailed the Legend a couple of years ago and this ship is fantastic. As previously mentioned, the layout is very easy to navigate, the crew werer VERY friendly, and the ship itself is immaculate. One word of advice, do not miss the Supper Club at the top of the Atrium. Best meal of $30pp. I have referred numerous friends/colleagues to this ship and they have returned with nothing but raves about the Legend. Hope this helps. Have a great time.

Billy
Old 01-05-2008, 06:39 AM
I agree, the Legend was a great cruise and the supper club is a must.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 01-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Banned

I agree the Legend is a great ship with a great crew. I like the Spirit class ships the best of any. It has been almost a year since I was on the Legend but it was spotless at the time. I cannot say enough good about this ship and its crew.. Tom
Old 01-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Carnival Legend:

Old 01-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Although the seas didn't cooperate, we had a great New Years cruise on the Legend in 2005. I happen to like the design of the Spirit class ships (of which Legend is one). They are the best laid out ships in Carnival's fleet.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:26 AM

I really enjoyed our Halloween cruise last year on the Legend! Those are my favorite Carnival ships too. When the ship goes under the Tampa Bay bridge, it looks like it will barely make it. Great service and food, the ship is immaculate.

Dwayne
Old 01-16-2008, 06:25 AM

Our opinion of the Legend is a little different. The decor was a bit over the top for us. Let's face it, all othe ships are a little gaudy. The Legend was a bit more so. A bit dark. The crew and shows were great and the food was good. The entertainment below decks was pretty good too. We were a little disappointed in the party atmosphere when we first got on the Legend. We ran into this with the Glory also. Neither really got a party atmosphere going on the Lido deck. Acts change so maybe it changes from cruise to cruise. We've been on several cruises that had the party atmosphere going the day of boarding on the Lido deck. We didn't even have the bar staff on the Lido deck pushing the drink of the day (which is pretty good, the drink).

Howard

Sensation - 2/2007
Carnival Glory - 10/2006
Carnival Triumph - 7/2006
Fantasy - 1/2006
Inspiration - 10/2004
USS O'Callahan
Old 01-17-2008, 04:02 AM

Carnival seems to have backed away from the old days of having the deck servers pushing drinks. It really is going to depend on when you go, and what itinerary you choose concerning the party atmosphere. Seven day cruises are less likely to have that type of atmosphere.

I also noticed they didn't have a sail away type party when leaving the ports. I was disappointed about that. I always enjoy the band playing while we leave the ports.

This was the October 28th. 2007 sailing. Maybe they were between bands or something. I liked the decor though, and the enchanted forest was a hoot! I would not hesitate to sail on the Legend again.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
atmoshere, atmosphere, carnival, cruise, deck, elation, favorite, forum, halloween, kind, legend, lido, party, past, rave, ship