Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2005, 02:41 PM

Does anyone on here think this maybe a bad day to start a cruise?
Also, i would like to hear from anyone who has taken this cruise about parking in New Orleans, specifically, directions to the parking lot.
This is my 4th cruise, with 2 on the Fantasy and one on the Fascination. Do they still do the "relaxed" disembarkation?
Old 07-31-2005, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony&Jackie:
Does anyone on here think this maybe a bad day to start a cruise?
Tony&Jackie,

welcome to Cruise-Chat.com. September 11th is my mother's birthday - so to me it isn't necessarily a bad day.

But seriously: If you are looking for 100% security, sadly you won't find it. Personally I wouldn't hesitate taking a cruise departing on that date - or any date for that matter - because of security concerns. What I do look for, however, is the destinations I plan to visit. But those visited by "Carnival Conquest" certainly don't make my alarm bells sound.

Have a great cruise!

Raoul Fiebig

Old 07-31-2005, 07:26 PM
hi I just got back from nola over 4th of july weekend first time I ever drove there and had to find parking the terminal, has parking right where you board the ship and plenty of spaces, the charge I think was about 10.00 per day if you are cruising if you park at any of the garages they start at 15 to 20 a day, but the terminal has secured parking can go on line to find the information, I have taken 2 cruises from nola but always flew in, the 4th of july trip was a comp at Harrahs so I was worried about parking as there is no free parking there over night, even the hotels charge for parking, I got off fairly easy I parked at harrahs and gambled and got 2 nites free the other 4 nites I paid a 10.00 fee at Doubletree hotel they validated my parking ticket, it save me 10.00 a nite as I was staying at thier hotel, but check out the site I included you can get more information we will be sailing out of nola in Jan. on the Conquest, so let me know how you enjoyed your trip !!! http://www.portno.com/cruise_info_bak.htmyou
Old 08-01-2005, 10:15 AM
I've traveled the past three years on Sept 11, with no problems. We actually found the airports fairly quiet on each occasion.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:43 AM

Hey TonyandJackie,
We are actually going on the Conquest on Sept. 11th for our first cruise. It will be our honeymoon and I absolutely cannot wait. I don't think it's a bad day to start a cruise... It's a date we won't ever forget though.

I hope we can chat some and get to know each other so we will know others on the ship. We do have 2 others that are coming with us, my cousin and his newlywed wife, married just this past Sunday. We are all ages 22-26. You can IM me if you want...

Brooke
Old 08-11-2005, 09:15 AM

Brooke & Robert,
We are a little older than you guys (33 & 34)and this will be my 4th cruise, but my wifes first, and my first on the Conquest. Where are you guys coming from?

Closed Thread

Tags
conquest, cruise, september