Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2007, 08:09 AM

going on the glory to the western caribean on 11/02/07 can you give some hints on what to pack that i would not think of? any help would be great !! oh and hello all !!

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 10-06-2007, 08:30 AM

Here are a few things I always take along that are out of the norm.
1. small bottle of spray wrinkle release for clothes
2. make up address labels to slap on any postcards to mail back to those left at home.
3. put a complete list of the itinerary for my trip in each piece of my luggage just in case it gets separated from me along the way. Mayabe someone will find the list and forward the luggage to me.
4. a couple extra plastic zip lock bags for items that might be damp when I pack to return home.
Have a great cruise. Don't know if my ideas will help you out any but here they are anyway.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-06-2007, 08:33 AM
MONEY:-)

We always bring walkie talkies, camera, extra batteries or a recharger, sun block, small travel clock, Asprin, Tylenol, extra of any other meds you are on, small plastic bags for any little treasures you find on the beach, large plastic bag for dirty clothes, extra cheap plastic hangers (which we leave on the ship) and pant hangers, thermo mug for carrying around Iced Tea from the buffet, extra sunglasses, a can of spray wrinkle remover, Large appetite :-), and a sense of just having a wonderful time...and I'm sure there will be many others giving you some hints...Happy Cruising...

Bob E
Old 10-06-2007, 09:15 AM

Have Fun,,, We just returned from the Glory and had a GREAT TIME>> the Cruise Dir. WEEEEE Jimmy is hilarious.
I packed those small packets of instant Ice Tea to have in the room. They came in handy.
Take a extension cord. There is only 1 outlet in the cabin(at least ours only had one) so this will come in handy.
AIR FRESHENER!!! Those bathrooms are small and not alot of "Air Circulation". I even recomend a small travel spray bottle of Febreeze,, sometimes the cabin's can become a little ripe.. We had a problem with a cabin down the hall and there was a back up in their cabin. So the whole floor had a bad smell. For the rest of the cruise, when they would vacume the cabins, there was a smell,, Not too bad, just a smell. Febreeze would come in handy.
Have fun,,

Dave
Old 10-06-2007, 11:16 AM

I bring the 3M adhesive hooks and stick them in the bathroom to hang a make-up bag, hairblower etc. not to much counter space, they also come off very easy by just pulling the tab but can hold quite a bit of weight. I would also bring an extra bag for all the stuff you buy
Have FUNNNNNN

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Old 10-06-2007, 01:11 PM
I have said this before but it bares repeating:

- Buy allot of large ziplock bags. Bring a few empty ones with you on the cruise. Then when packing your carry-on, sort the items by category: medicines, reading matierials, paperwork, etc. Then place each group of items in a different ziplock bag and then pack them in your carry-on. I found this really worked well. It made finding things much easier and faster. And if there should be an accidental spill, it will be contained making clean-up much easier and faster, too.

- Also, in case no one already mentioned it: bring a multistrip electrical outlet and extension chord. I found that there is usually one place to plug something electrical in. And it is usually far from where you need it.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:13 PM
the Cruise Dir. WEEEEE Jimmy is hilarious.

Weeee Jimmy was the Assistant Cruise Director when I was on the Glory 2 1/2 years ago. Glad to see he was promoted!
Old 10-07-2007, 05:54 PM

I know, here I go with my germ phobia.

Antibacterial hand wipes.

Lysol to give the bathroom and other areas a good spraying.

A can koozie.

Also like to take binoculars.

Most importantly a great cruise-a-tude.

Just a few I could think of also, hope you have a great cruise.

Dwayne
Old 10-07-2007, 06:11 PM

Ok. I have to ask a question. What the crap are you people taking with you that you need to have an extension cord and powerstrip? I found the outlet in the bathroom to be quite adequate for a hairdryer, my electric razor to be charged, and the laptop to be charged. Otherwise, I am unsure as to why I would need any other outlets since I am in the room approximately 6 hours a day (sleeping) and some days, ever less.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by getfuzzy:
Ok. I have to ask a question. What the crap are you people taking with you that you need to have an extension cord and powerstrip? I found the outlet in the bathroom to be quite adequate for a hairdryer, my electric razor to be charged, and the laptop to be charged. Otherwise, I am unsure as to why I would need any other outlets since I am in the room approximately 6 hours a day (sleeping) and some days, ever less.
I can't speak for anyone else, but we are taking a power strip this time. Have the cam-corder charger, clock, and a battery charger for the digital camera and cd player batteries. Have never taken an extension cord in addition, but maybe some folks like to have their clock or something else in a certain place.

Dwayne

Closed Thread