Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2006, 07:38 AM

I have two chartered busses of people going on the Elation. When we get to the port at Galveston will we be dropped off right in front? And will porters take our bags from there? If so, what is the standard tipping charge? Is it $1 per bag?
Old 01-17-2006, 07:38 AM

I have two chartered busses of people going on the Elation. When we get to the port at Galveston will we be dropped off right in front? And will porters take our bags from there? If so, what is the standard tipping charge? Is it $1 per bag?
Old 01-19-2006, 10:12 PM

Hi,
Wish that I was in the warm port of Galveston. Now live in British Columbia but, was a Texas gal for 40 years. Loved going out of Galveston. The buses will drop your folks off right at the door and they have plenty of porters to take the bags. Seems to me the going price of $1.00 is accepted with a southern smile. Enjoy! Lolly
Old 01-20-2006, 07:41 AM

If you are the group leader, you will want to make sure that each person checks their own bag with the porter. If the motor coach company is doing the unloading of the luggage to the porters, make sure that each person stays with the motor coach until they see that their bags have been given to the porters and taken inside the terminal. It sounds like a hassle, but this is one link where bags tend to disappear and it will become your problem unless you have each person take responsibility for their bags.

In terms of tipping, $1 per bag is OK, but I would seek out someone to oversee that all the bags are accounted for and give them an extra $20 or so.

I hope that helps.

Tom
Old 01-20-2006, 08:55 AM

It definitely does, Thanks!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, dropped, dropping, forum, galveston, gaveston, gavleston, luggage, port, porters, tipping