Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2006, 05:31 AM

Just booked our first cruise - we are going to KW and Cozumel with a bunch of neighbors and friends. I have read some AWFUL reviews about Carnival and am very worried. People getting sick, rude staff, bed bugs(??!!) terrible food. Any expert reassurance out there?

Thanks

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 10-30-2006, 05:44 AM

doulabug,

first of all, welcome to Cruise-Chat.com!

There are very negative reviews out there about virtually every cruise ship around. What you don't know is what kind of motivation is behind those.

Personally, I've never had a bad cruise in my whole life, even though not a single cruise was perfect (the perfect is yet to be found). Carnival is a great mass-market line which I would certainly take again at any time.

Don't let the reviews scare you. Look forward to your cruise and go onboard with a positive attitude - and the only "danger" that you will run into is to become yet another cruise addict!

Raoul Fiebig

Old 10-30-2006, 05:44 AM

Everyone has their favorites, I know, but we absolutely love the Carnival ships. We are in our 60's, but love being around the younger crowd where there is much more going on! We have been on 5 Carnival cruises this year alone, and have never had any problems. The food is great (try the pizza at the 24 hr pizzaria - it's the best). Remember, if you want more than one serving of something special on the menu, ask for multiples. Our rooms have always been kept spotless by the staff, and everyone has been very friendly. I'm sure there can be times when a sickness spreads, with so many people on the ship, but we just make sure we wash our hands often and take along some of the sanitizing hand lotion.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:57 AM

Consider the fact that Carnival has taken the cruise industry by storm. They own 70+% of the ships sailing. Their lines include Princess (my favorite), Cunard, Holland America, Costa....
If they didn't do it well they wouldn't have been as successful as they are. The best lobster tail I have ever eaten was on a Carnival ship. Have a great cruise and ENJOY. While in KW go to Irish Kevin's on Duval Street and have a Sledge Hammer.

Regal Princess 1996
Sun Princess 1998
Grand Princess 2000
Ocean Princess 2001
Golden Princess 2004
Caribbeean Princess 2004
Caribbean Princess 2006

S.S. Norway 2002

M.S. Veendam 2003

Celebrity Zenith 2005
Celebrity Zenith 2006

RCCL Soverign 2001
RCCL Monarch 2002
RCCL Majesty 2002
RCCL Majesty 2004
RCCL Empress 2005

Carnival Ecstasy 10/99
Carnival Ecstasy 01//01
Carnival Fascination 07/01
Carnival Imagination 04/02
Carnival Imagination 01/03
Carnival Imagination 01/03 again
Carnival Fascination 03/03
Carnival Victory 05/03
Carnival Fascination 12/03
Carnival Fascination 07/04
Carnival Imagination 02/05
Old 10-30-2006, 06:17 AM

Thanks for the encouraging words. I really am excited to take my first cruise! A Sledge Hammer sounds like alcohol and I don't drink,(I know, horrors,) but I AM interested in where to get the good conch fritters in Key West.

Also, will the ship really dock in Cozumel? That's another bad review I read, that the ship never made it to Cozumel because of hurricane damage, but never told the passengers.

I think I read too much. . .

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 10-30-2006, 06:43 AM

My husband and I went on the same cruise you are going on by the sound of it in 2005. We went to Key West and was suppose to go to Cozumel, but, because of the Hurricane we went to Playa Del Carmen, they told us about a week before we left we were not going to Cozumel. We loved it anyway, it was our first cruise and we had such a good time we are going again in just 3 days, so exciting. We are going to Cozumel. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:58 AM

Yes, the cruise ships are now docking in Cozumel. So you shouldn't have to worry about tendering there.

I echo Raoul's and the other's repsonses. The negative reviews are going to be found on just about anything. cruise line or hotel..SOMEONE will end up having a bad experience and want to tell the world how awful it was. Many of those bad experiences are self made some are real. Just go with positive attitude an dyou will have a great time. If something is not to your liking (staff service, or room quality), go to the purser's desk and let them know, they will try to fix the problem.

Have a great time!
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 10-30-2006, 07:06 AM

We went to Cozumel Feb 06. We had to tender as the dock was destroyed from the Hurricane. Tenders are not the greatest but they are short and get you to the island, gives you a chance to see 1st hand the damages. We were in Cozumel Feb 05 and it was sad to see what had happened. We have pics of all us in a bar just at the end of the dock partying before getting back on the boat and now it is just rubble. You will see this pile of rubble when your tender pulls up. And don't mind all the negative reviews, some people have nothing better to do than complain.....you're on vacation enjoy. Best of all you are on a cruise!!!

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Old 10-30-2006, 07:35 AM

Try the conch fritters at Sloppy Joe's in Key West - YUMMMM !!
Old 10-30-2006, 09:27 AM
Banned

I don't think you read too much, just worry too much. like hotels and resturants there will allways be a few bad reviews. someone who doesnt care for seafood might think the buffet at a place sucks, when the people next to him might think, its the best. you have an advantage over most of the complainers, you have never cruised and have nothing to compare it to. Most people are thrilled with thier first cruise, the complaints come on the second trip when they compare..the food wasnt as good, the pool wasnt as big, the service wasnt as nice, ect. ect...unless you are used to being treated royaly, eating the best foods, and doing lots of varied activities, you will find your first cruise an excellent experience. you will most likely overlook any minor complaints and enjoy the whole experience. so do like bobby darin (?) said and "don't worry, be happy!"

Closed Thread

Tags
bed, bring, bugs, carnival, cruise, dock, fantasy, fascination, fl, key, ship, west, wine