Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2007, 06:53 AM

Hi, We are first time cruisers and I have a few questions for anyone who has sailed out of Jacksonville on Celebration.

*We are flying in the day before and renting a hotel room. How do we get to the ship? Are there specific hotels that will take us to the ship? The guy from Carnival said to go back to the airport which leads me to my next question

*Where do we go at the airport. Will there be signs directing us to where we need to be?

*Carnival guy said we had to pay $20 pp for a shuttle to the ship, is there one cheaper?

Thank you in advance for any help. Also ant tips are very much appreicated.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:33 PM

Hello cyclones11,
My first cruise was on the Celebration. I went to the Bahamas back in '05. I think she is a very nice ship to be as old as she is. Very clean.. The negative thing I would say is the service wasn't all that great, but beings this was my first cruise i'm not sure we knew what to expect. The food was great! I hope you have a great time!! Oh! use mapquest to help you with how far it would be from your hotel to the port. If there are any ?'S I will be happy to help if I can..

Bonaire Hotels & Resorts
Old 03-21-2007, 08:30 PM

I flew in the day before my cruise in Feb. We stayed at the ramada inn right down from the airport. then took a taxi from the hotel, it was like 6 miles from the airport...you will have a great time...get to the terminal at about 10:30 they allow you to board about 11...
Old 03-22-2007, 04:48 PM

Thanks Parrot and Macmom, we did find a hotel that had free airport shuttle but they said they would charge $15 pp to take to the ship. It was maybe 10 miles from the port. Do you think it would be cheaper to call a taxi?
I appreicate the help. This is our first cruise and my husband doesn't believe he will like it.
I was going to book the bar tour in key west and the Stingray tour in the Bahamas...are those good tours? I'm a little scared to go off on our own in case we don't make it back in time. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks again, Deb
Old 03-22-2007, 05:08 PM

I think it would be cheaper. call when u arrive at the hotel. I think it was only like 11 dollars for the trip for 2 people in the taxi. that way you can spend more money on the cruise.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:21 PM

Hi,
Key West is a blast. I love this place. I went down for a week on vacation. I hear that you don't get very much time when go through the cruise.. I suggest renting scooters they are a blast. If you like to have drinks the places you must visit are: Margaritaville, Hog's Breath (they have the best Pina Colada's) Sloppy Joes (great food & entertainment) and Captain Toni's is a neat little bar (read up on the history of the place. Also visit the Southern most point and Mallory Square is BEAUTIFUL during sunset... ok I could go on and on about Key West.. As for the Bahamas if your going to Nassau the beaches are beautiful. I must warn you that there will be a lot of locals trying to get you to buy stuff.. Oh! snorkeling in Key West was just ok I've seen better.. I think that you would be better off doing that in the Bahamas.. If there is anything else I can help w/ just ask.. hope you have wonderful time..~~~^~~~finzup

Bonaire Hotels & Resorts

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, celebration, cruise, fl, jacksonville, line, port, returns, review