Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2003, 06:22 AM

I am giving credit where credit is due:

I got this off the CruiseCritic.com, Board under Carnival, posted by HOst Kristi:

This question comes up almost daily and there are those who are tired of seeing it. So to make things easier for everyone I'm putting this post at the top. For those who don't like The Kelly Method, I apologize but now you won't have to see posts asking what the Kelly Method is.

The Kelly Method is named after the person who posted about this. It was later found that SCMichel had realized this same way to find out your cabin but his post was in a roll call thread so it didn't get as much attention. Somehow it became known as "The Kelly Method".

The Kelly Method is a way of discovering the cabin Carnival has you assigned in if you have booked a guarantee category. Although this is not a guarantee that you will end up in the cabin, most of the time it works out.

To do this you need to have your booking number from Carnival. Go to Carnival's website and go to the Gifts and Services section. Pick an item and proceed like you are going to enter it. A screen will come up that asks for your cabin number and booking number. This is where it becomes time consuming. Enter your booking number and grab your Carnival brochure. Start putting in numbers for cabins in the category you are booked in. When you enter the correct number your information will pop up. If you go through all the cabin numbers in the category and nothing comes up go to the next category. Just work your way through until you find your cabin. It is time consuming but a great way to waste time until your cruise!

A couple of disclaimers...
Most upgrades occur within a category (4A to 4B etc.) so if you book a 1A I wouldn't start by looking at the category 11 and 12 cabins!

Sometimes cabins aren't assigned until close to cruise time so if you don't find your cabin, just wait until closer to cruise time.

Again, remember this is all subject to change.

One other thing...this was posted with Kelly's blessing!
Old 02-24-2003, 06:22 AM

I am giving credit where credit is due:

I got this off the CruiseCritic.com, Board under Carnival, posted by HOst Kristi:

This question comes up almost daily and there are those who are tired of seeing it. So to make things easier for everyone I'm putting this post at the top. For those who don't like The Kelly Method, I apologize but now you won't have to see posts asking what the Kelly Method is.

The Kelly Method is named after the person who posted about this. It was later found that SCMichel had realized this same way to find out your cabin but his post was in a roll call thread so it didn't get as much attention. Somehow it became known as "The Kelly Method".

The Kelly Method is a way of discovering the cabin Carnival has you assigned in if you have booked a guarantee category. Although this is not a guarantee that you will end up in the cabin, most of the time it works out.

To do this you need to have your booking number from Carnival. Go to Carnival's website and go to the Gifts and Services section. Pick an item and proceed like you are going to enter it. A screen will come up that asks for your cabin number and booking number. This is where it becomes time consuming. Enter your booking number and grab your Carnival brochure. Start putting in numbers for cabins in the category you are booked in. When you enter the correct number your information will pop up. If you go through all the cabin numbers in the category and nothing comes up go to the next category. Just work your way through until you find your cabin. It is time consuming but a great way to waste time until your cruise!

A couple of disclaimers...
Most upgrades occur within a category (4A to 4B etc.) so if you book a 1A I wouldn't start by looking at the category 11 and 12 cabins!

Sometimes cabins aren't assigned until close to cruise time so if you don't find your cabin, just wait until closer to cruise time.

Again, remember this is all subject to change.

One other thing...this was posted with Kelly's blessing!
Old 02-26-2003, 07:29 AM

How much in advance is the earliest that the method should be tried. Is as soon as final payment (60 days) too soon. 30 days prior, 2 weeks, a week ?
Thanks in advance.

Tim
Old 02-26-2003, 07:32 AM

Well you can start when you book a guarantee, however, with a guarantee they might upgrade you. If you think you may have been upgraded you do it 4 weeks before the cruise and then confirm 2 weeks prior to cruising.
Old 02-26-2003, 05:06 PM

I have 2 1/2 weeks until my cruise. I just found my cabin using the Kelly Method and I am exhausted. It took me around 300 tries to get a hit. I got a 2 catagory upgrade. I still have an inside but I am on the Main deck with two lower beds. I only paid for an Upper/Lower guarantee. Since I am sailing with my son, not my husband, it wouldn't have mattered too much if we didn't get upgraded. Ofcourse I was hoping for an outside, but at these prices I can't complain.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:50 AM

Am glad you where finally able to find your cabin!
Old 03-13-2003, 12:35 PM

Is the Kelly Method clear to everyone?
Old 03-14-2003, 02:35 PM

I tried the kelly method and went through every outside cabin number and it didn't come up with anything. Any ideas? I booked a 5a catagory on the Spirit.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:21 PM

I tried this and there is only 12 days till I cruise. I checked all the 8A because that is what we are gaarenteed. I then went to 8B, then 8C, then 8D and so on. I found nothing. Is the site case sensative or am I doing something wrong? Please help I would like to know where we are staying or at least to see if we were upgraded floors.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:04 AM

its probably because your tooo close to your sailing.. You should contact the gift and services dept. and say you wanna put something in your cabin but couldnt find your cabing number and see if you can be slick and have them tell you what cabin number you are in.

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, cabins, carnival, cruise, deck, finding, guarantee, kelly, method, miracle, r18, riviera, sensation, ship