Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2003, 04:01 PM

MY Husband & I (Early fifties)are taking the Elation from Galveston on January 4th, with stops at Progresso, Cozumel and Belize. We aren't sun worshippers and want some ideas of good shore excusrions. I heard about a jeep adventure and also snorkelling, I'd love to try. also any hints to speed up debarkment as we have a 2c hr drive to Houston and must be there by 11:30 am to catch flight home to Canada. time is tight!

Laurie Walker
Old 12-06-2003, 04:01 PM

MY Husband & I (Early fifties)are taking the Elation from Galveston on January 4th, with stops at Progresso, Cozumel and Belize. We aren't sun worshippers and want some ideas of good shore excusrions. I heard about a jeep adventure and also snorkelling, I'd love to try. also any hints to speed up debarkment as we have a 2c hr drive to Houston and must be there by 11:30 am to catch flight home to Canada. time is tight!

Laurie Walker
Old 12-28-2003, 01:18 PM

Hi sentsabele! I would enjoy hearing about your cruise when you get back. I live in Oklahoma and Galveston is the closet port to me. We took the Jubilee last year for a Christmas cruise. It shook and vibrates the whole time and someone told me the Elation is much better. Hope you have a fun time!

Kristy
Old 12-29-2003, 07:30 AM

If your looking for something fun and different, check out Cave Tubing with X-Stream in Belize...they get rave reviews on all the cruising boards and we thought it was a great excursion too. The mayan ruins tours are also supposed to be nice in Cozumel and Belize
Old 01-11-2004, 06:32 PM

How old do you have to be for the X-stream trip? I have a 12 year old that is a great swimmer, will they let her participate?
Old 02-02-2004, 01:00 PM

Hi Laurie:
Considering taking the same cruise on the elation end of this month. Did you and your husband enjoy it? Any thing you were disappointed in or would not do again? Did you take any of the excursions? How was the wait staff and the food? Was service prompt? What was your room like; did you have a window or port hole or balcony? Thanks for all the information. We cruised our first time on the Rhapsody of the Seas, Royal Caribbean Cruise line and it was fabulous all around; so I want to be sure Carnival Elation will be just as good! thanks again and Happy Trails, Kdtexas
Old 02-04-2004, 10:31 AM

buy any chance did you bring back a price list of the shore excursions offered by carnival?
Old 02-07-2004, 09:13 PM

I believe the cut off age was 10 years old so I'm sure your 12 year old will be able to do it

Closed Thread

Tags
belize, carnival, cozumel, cruise, elation, excursion, excursions, jeep, mexico, progreso, progresso, reviews, shore, shores, stops