Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2008, 11:55 AM

We will visit Cozumel on the Holiday on Sat. April 19, 2008. I would like to book a scuba diving excursion, but I do not know which pier we will be at.

Most of the operators leave out at 8:00 or 8:30 and our ship is not scheduled to dock until 8:00. Last year I was able to get up with an operator at the pier. However, some of the operators I have contacted, a taxi is necessary to get to their boat. I would appreciate any information on how to find out the location of our pier.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:14 PM

Hi Keith, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I'm not sure how they decide who docks at which pier. Hopefully, Dave will see your post, as he is the Holiday expert. This might be of some help. Best wishes, and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 04-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Well, I may have to resign now that my in-laws have found the forum.

Yes, welcome to cruise-chat Keith!

The good news is San Miguel pier is right there in the downtown area for your shopping convenience. Now for the bad news - San Miguel pier also is the ferry boat pier, and I am reasonably sure that means the Holiday will be anchoring and tendering you to shore. I'm not sure if you tendered anywhere on your first cruise, but it adds time to getting off the ship.

However there is always the possibility the pier location may change. On two previous cruises on the Holiday, we ended up at Punta Langosta even though the schedule listed us as being at the ferry pier.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:33 PM

Hi Keith, welcome to Cruise-Chat!

As Dave noted, you can't ever be certain of the pier locations. Have you checked out Carnival's diving excursions that are available? They will be more expensive, but they will include the transportation. They will also make sure you make it on the excursion by allowing you to be the first ones off the ship if tendering for early excursions. The ship will also wait for late arrivals if you take the afternoon excursion if available.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 04-16-2008, 04:52 AM

Thanks for the information regarding the pier in Cozumel. I had really hoped to avoid going through Carnival to book the diving excursion due to the fact that the groups can be quite large.

However, this might be my only option since the time it takes to arrive is so unclear.

Dave, as far as your in-laws are concerned, don't worry about it. We know that we are your favorites!!
Old 04-16-2008, 05:43 AM

When are you leaving, Keith? We're going to take the Holiday in July. Maybe you can book again for that one.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:42 AM
Administrator

Actually they wanted to go with the forum cruise, but it didn't work out so they went with this one - which I believe is leaving tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:54 AM

Dave is right. We leave tomorrow. So I'm busy getting last minute things together.

I wish that we had been able to go in July with the forum. Our kids' summer schedules just didn't work out (Between college schedules and band camp, etc.) You know the drill.

This trip will be our kids first cruise and they are excited. Many thanks to Dave & Vanessa & Jan for their help & encouragement.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:53 PM

I know that this message is coming after Keith has departed but we docked at the International Pier in Cozumel on April 15. The staff told me that they have docked on either side of this pier more than any of the others.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:08 PM

Hello Dave
We are just wondering when the forum is taking their cruise? We will be on the Ledgend on July 20-27-2008. Would be nice if the forum cruise ended up being there the same time - !!!

BTW - awesome site this is- my wife is a 1st time cruiser and is so excited about it - she has learnt alot from this forum.As for me I have been on a cpl of cruises and also a crewmate on the Sensation back in the mid 90's

Canuckcruisers

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, april, book, cozumel, cruise, distance, dock, excursion, international, location, pier, port, schedule, ship, time