Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 09:37 AM
Well this will be my way to say good bye to a really important part of my cruising life…
My first ship the Carnival Destiny

As you all know sometimes is not easy to let go some things, specially your first cruise ship, so this is not going to be the usual “normal review” you can find on the net, I will not tell you how good the food is, you know that already, or anything about the excursions I took if you are looking for that kind of review you can hit cruisereviews.com.

Carnival Destiny had always been my carnival “special” ship as it was the start of my life with my wife, as a married couple, Cruising on her has always been like returning home from a long trip. I always look forward to cruise every summer with them.
Carnival for me will always be more than a cruise line is excellence, dedication and a great service, not just for the food is more like a peoples company.
Starting the day I board ship, all my feelings about this cruise ship were a nostalgic memory, as I remember my honeymoon I knew it will be, as always, a great cruise…
Then I discover that carnival had gone even better, I can say without a doubt this was my greatest cruise so far. The service had gone up with style and A+ dedication, now they have a sushi bar with the works, they even prepare the sushi as you ask not a buffet kind of thing like most restaurants here on PR.
They change the buffet lines during breakfast so you can order an omelet without getting on the way of the others, now they have two lines one just for omelets and they serve omelets also on a few places so you can have more ordering options.
The breakfast on the restaurant, well let me put it this way, there is no way I can go to another cruise and not take at least one breakfast on the restaurant and the Destiny service on the restaurant WOW!!!

As for the ship Carnival Destiny is not a ship for cruising is a ship to make dreams come true, ok I can give you that is not a new ship, a few things has to be fix but you can expect that from an old ship, is more than ten years cruising the Caribbean what will you expect…for me is in greater condition than it should be.

This ship is more about people making friends, getting to know what cruising is all about; the restaurant waiters are by far better than any cruise I already take. Carnival Destiny has gone up in this, now they have more personal service than ever, they even sing for me on my anniversary without asking for it the always went the extra mile by far a greater service than the one I had on The adventure of the seas, So good that in the last day, Saturday,as they sing for the last time for us, I almost felt like the ship was saying good bye to us, is that profound for me the service they gave, I will always miss it, is not the service more the people who give it. Great service!!!

The last night on the ship was the best for me and my wife,

Last summer I was on the ship and she fell in love with a ring but by the time we went to the shop they were already close and couldn’t buy it, so this year I went straight to the shop and found it, I was so lucky that I even Gave it as a surprise to her on the very last day, on our balcony with the moon light and everything and they gave me a certificate of the ring that even had a photo on it with all the info not even when I bought her wedding ring I had a certificate like this one and the staff as the store do everything on their hand to help me give her that surprise they were so fast that I told my wife “excuse me I had to go to the bathroom” I run to the store and when I told them the story, that it was a surprise for my wife and that she was on the palladium and that I only have like 5 minutes to buy, they even offer to send the certificate to my room in order to help me with it.

So was is the main point

Food is great?
Yes the best you can eat and the buffets are great.

Service is good?

Yes is greater than any cruise line for me

Can I book this ship??

Yes is the best option you can find and you will not be disappointed, in my case is carnival or not going on a cruise…
But for me there is more than that is a great ship, my one and only first cruise ship I will always miss her I can say good bye, but in my heart I know that a piece of that ship will always be with me, next year I will go on the carnival Victory but I will be cruising on a new ship, but I know that I will always have the same feeling since cruising with carnival always makes me feel this way
Maybe I will cruise on another cruise ship
But in my heart I will always be cruising on Carnival Destiny I am going to miss you as my first ship, as my cruise of dreams
thanks for everything old friend,
I will always miss you and I cannot thank you enough for everything
Hope you a great future for you Carnival Destiny
good bye from Puerto Rico I'll miss you

Casanova Frankenstein
Old 06-26-2008, 12:46 PM

Hola, Cassanova!

Buenas palabras!

I haven't been on the Destiny, but I have cruised a number of different ships, and I find the service on Carnival to be great. I've been on the Victory, and I think you will like it, too. The service we had on that ship could equal what you wrote about the Destiny. I'm actually planning to sail the Victory from SJ this fall.

We all know that Carnival gets a bad rap. I was on a Carnival cruise with a bunch of friends, and one told me she would never cruise them again because the service at dinner was awful, as was the food. As I sat at the same table with her the entire time, I couldn't figure out where she got either of those opinions. Some people just can't be happy about anything.

If I wanted to pick, I could find something wrong with every cruise,and I can find drunk, unruly passengers on almost every ship. But the goods far out-weigh the bads, so why even think about the bad stuff?

Muchas gracias por la revista! Y, felicitaciones!

Chris

Read and post cruise reviews

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - '05
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 06-27-2008, 12:30 AM

Cas, Thanks for the wonderful review, and your sentiments about the Carnival Destiny. My how the time flies. I remember well when she was announced as the largest passenger cruise ship to ever be constructed. I am sure you will see her again someday. She is going into drydock this fall for some sprucing up, and maybe a few new additions. Maybe you will get the chance to fly to Miami sometime for a cruise on her.

Recuerdos mi amigo,

Dwayne
Old 06-27-2008, 02:49 PM
Well thanks for the comments as for the ship...
I hope I can cruise on it again someday on the future but for now I already book the carnival Victory for next year I can only hope is as good as the Carnival Destiny.
I have some pics of her I will post them later
thanks
Old 07-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Ok a good review needs Photos, here is the deal this is the best I can do with it,
the digital camera broke during my trip and the quality of the photos are not the best:

A few pics of my balcony cabin,

Old 07-13-2008, 01:03 PM
A few more this is the ship:

Old 07-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Cafe on the way:

Buffet restaurant:

The jazz Club:

The last night at the ship saturday,

Old 07-13-2008, 01:16 PM
here are the last ones:

thank you
Old 07-14-2008, 06:50 AM

Hi Cas, welcome back! Thank you so very much for the wonderful review and pictures! Your wife is very lucky and I'm sure you feel you're lucky to have her. What wonderful memories you have shared already! I hope the Victory will be every bit as fantastic for you two!
Old 07-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
I'm sure you feel you're lucky to have her.
Everyday of my life I feel lucky specially since she likes cruising...

As for the victory well a few friends have cruise on it and they keep telling me is a great experience cruising on it, so I can only hope is as good as Carnival Destiny

thanks for the comments Penny3333

Closed Thread

Tags
casanova, destiny, frankenstein, revie