Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2007, 05:37 PM

Can men wear jeans in the evenings to the dining room (on the "nonformal" nights)?

Can children get away with shorts and nice shirts?

Does anyone have a list of the actual evening dining room rules on "nonformal" nights?

Thanks So Much!
Old 02-13-2007, 07:14 PM

you are not allowed to wear shorts into the dining room. the dress code is casual but no jeans or shorts. when you receive your tickets you will get a booklet that will tell you everything you need to know.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:46 PM

Quote:
when you receive your tickets you will get a booklet that will tell you everything you need to know.
We won't recieve those until August since we are cruising in September, correct?

I do apologize if I am asking too many questions. I am finishing a booklet of information I typed-up for our group tonight....because they are asking so many questions, already.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
you are not allowed to wear shorts into the dining room. the dress code is casual but no jeans or shorts. when you receive your tickets you will get a booklet that will tell you everything you need to know.
When we were on the Pride a few years back people were in shorts on the non formal night. Many were not in suits on the formal night. They were allowed in... did not say it way right, just that it was the way it was.

Old 02-14-2007, 05:08 AM
Just because they let them in does not make it right. Manners is manners where ever you go. I ask my waiter on the Pride why they don't say anything and he said, "we want the guest to enjoy their stay and not miss the evening". I think it totally disrespectful for all the hard work they do to prepare and serve a beautiful elegant meal and settings for the guest not to have enough courtesy to dress appropriately. I would print up the guidelines for your group to wear what is ask of them by the dinning room which is casual nights sport shirts for men and slacks or dress for women. The Captains Cocktail Party and the Gala Farewell Dinner atire is a cocktail dress for women, a dark suit or tuxedo for men. You will be doing a favor for the ship and for your party not to feel underdressed cause 98% of the people do dress nice. There are always a clod in the group of cruisers that has no manners and that is what is spoken about above
2004 Esctasy CATALINA-MEXIC0
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
2006 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2007 Pride MEXICAN RIVIERA
2008 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2008 Destiny SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
2009 Liberty EASTERN CARIBBEAN
2010 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2011 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2012 Crown Princess EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN
Old 02-14-2007, 07:06 AM

sss1- You are NOT asking too many questions.. Feel free to continue asking. that's what this formun is all about.

Jean's are not allowed on MOST cruises.. I say most because (at least on Carnival) the cruises that leave from Texas, allow dress jeans. -Because the ship is catering to the Texan culture where cowboy "dressed up" means the best pair of boots and a good pair of jeans.

The only time the jeans are acceptable is on the first night whent the rules are relaxed because many people have not received their luggage before dinner and are still wearing what they traveled in.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 02-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Banned

Men had on jeans (not shorts) in the Normandie D.R. on Pride last week. They even wore them on formal night. They were very dark jeans, almost dressy, but they still wore them. I did not see any women wearing jeans.

Closed Thread

Tags
allowed, attire, carnival, carribean, children, cruise, cruises, dining, dinner, dream, princess, room, royal, rules, shorts, wear