Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2008, 05:55 PM

Thank you all for all of your great ideas and thoughts. I feel a lot better!
Old 03-10-2008, 07:42 PM

Thats really good. Glad to be of help...and if you keep worrying, you will have a horrible time. All you will be doing is thinking about what your little girl is doing. But there will be so many other kids, she will have a blast...
Old 03-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Our daughter went on her first cruise in Nov '05 as a newly turned 5 year old & was hooked from the moment she stepped on board. She totally loves Camp Carnival & all the activities they have to offer. We are headed out on what will be her 6th cruise this May & she is already talking about Camp. We go to the first night orientation as a family & have such a wonderful time. They have games in the disco & make your own ice cream sundaes afterwards. During orientation you are told about the camp & how it runs & asked to fill out some forms about allergies & things concerning you child. If your child is 5 & under you are also issued a pager to use throughout the whole cruise. This is in case you child is at Camp & is unhappy or just wants to leave. They page you & you can go pick them up. Also get the Camp Activities list, this has the whole week planned out hour by hour. Our daughter goes over this the night before & tells us which activities that she wants to join in on. She has such fun there & often choses to eat diner with "her class" as she calls it instead of us. No matter if your child is in camp or hangs out with you I know that you guys will have a wonderful time.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:33 AM

I agree with the others. Mine are 7 and 4, and have been in the Carinval Camps before as well. The first time was tough, but I can tell you Carnival has the best kids program anywhere. They have a ton of fun. It they don't like it or want to leave, you'll have a pager they give you and they will call you. You are always in touch. My daughter never stays more than an hour, my son would stay the whole time if he could.
Nov. 2006- Carnival Paradise
Apr 2007- Celebrity Century
June 2007- Carnival Paradise
November 2007- Carnival Paradise
March 2008- Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas
June 2008- Holland America Oosterdam (Alaska)
August 2008, Carnival Victory (Canada)
October, 2008 Carnival Paradise (Mexico)
November 2008, Carnival Imagination, Key West/Cozumel
February 2009, Disney Wonder (Bahamas)
April 2009, Carnival Victory (S.Caribbean)
Coming Soon- June 2009, HAL Eurodam (Northern Europe)
Coming Soon- Nov.2009 Disney Wonder (Bahamas)
Old 03-26-2008, 07:26 PM

I totally understand. We have temporary custody of our granddaughter who is now two and a half. We had the opportunity to check out Triumph's Camp Carnival WHEN NO ONE WAS THERE because we hope to use it this fall. It was like getting through Fort Knox and all we wanted was a quick look-see and to buy a youth-size robe. I can tell you we got only a quick glance and that was it. No one is getting in there unless they're allowed. I compare it to a hospital nursery - your child has a tag and you have a tag - you get that as soon as you embark not even when you're JUST in Camp Carnival. You are also traveling at a great time - schools are back in session so that means less kids in Camp Carnival. Try it once, see how it goes. If it goes well, then you know you'll use it again and again - at least to allow yourselves some respite time. From reading CC's information, it sounds like they have even revamped it, to make it even more secure and to break down the age groups even more since we cruised in October 2007. You may even see a more mature child when your cruise disembarks, maybe even a more personable child. If your child is personable already, you may have a future cruise activities director on your hands!
Triumph September 2007
Liberty May 4, 2008
Old 03-27-2008, 12:57 AM

Hi crzcpl, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
autistic, camp, carnival, check, child, cruise, daughter, give, nervous, pager, paradise, review, safety, ship, year