Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2007, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Hi frequencypromos, and welcome to cruise-chat.

I agree with the others that you need to reschedule your flight. Ideally, it should be for the night before. If that can't be arranged due to work schedules or other restrictions, get the first flight out in the morning.

Also, if you can help it, avoid flights that require you to make a connection.

Let us know how it works out.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Hey, by Noon I like to be on the ship having lunch and enjoying a nice drink.

They say the boarding time is 1:30 but you can usually avoid the LONG lines and start boarding at 11:45.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 05-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Larry,

Me too! The cruise starts when you board the ship and it is nice to get aboard around noon, have lunch, a drink or three, and look around the ship. By then the cabins have been released and we can go dump our stuff and then return to the action!
Old 05-28-2007, 01:56 PM

Dave you're boarding around noon and hitting the drinks already huh? I wanna cruise with you.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:04 PM
Administrator

On the Freedom inaugural last June, they hit us with trays of champagne within seconds of our entering the ship! I had no choice but to have a glass or two before heading up to the Windjammer.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
On the Freedom inaugural last June, they hit us with trays of champagne within seconds of our entering the ship! I had no choice but to have a glass or two before heading up to the Windjammer.
Twisted your arm did they?
Old 05-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Administrator

Well, I didn't want to appear stuffy so I forced myself to drink their wine.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:30 PM

The only way I would suggest that you not change your flight is if you are a gambler and love the thrill of a close call. Plus, as Dave suggests, you are missing out on a good couple hours of your cruise which includes a meal at the buffet to say the least!
Old 05-29-2007, 11:06 PM

The buffet and the wine would be the least of it.

I learned my lesson several years back. The most expensive cruise I have ever booked almost got lost and the money I paid. I booked the Destiny when it was new and it was ported in Miami. I did my own flights to Ft. Lauderdale and purchased the transfers from CCL.

I had no insurance. The flight was at 6:30, this was way pre-911 and I got ready to leave I thought in time to the Jetport. When I opened the door to load up, a fog from hell had set in.

We only could drive 15 mph, and yes we missed the flight. Out of here there are not many options. I was stressed and panicking, it was either drive to Wilmington on a hope and a prayer or try to get to Charlotte the next hour and connect. We chose the Charlotte, and then it was delayed for fog to come in to take us back to connect with Atlanta!

I kept calling CCL even though our flights were not through them, and they still helped with advice. We finally made it to Charlotte at 2pm and the situation was looking hopeless. I talked to the USAir agent with near tears in my eyes as a man, the wifey was past that. She put us in first class so we could get off quicker to run in Atlanta to catch our changed flight to Miami instead Ft.Lauderdale.

Hopeless, does not even describe it when we landed at 5:30pm in Miami. The ship was to depart at 4pm. But Lo and Behold, a CCL agent was waiting for us and yelling to hurry up and was on a walkie-talkie. She asked for ID's while we ran and scanned a credit card on a portable thing, then she just asked if we were US citizens and put a sticker on our shirts!

Whisked in a van with 6 other people, and she kept talking to the ship saying wait, wait, I have 8 more! We got onboard at 7pm 3 hours later than departure time. We boarded in the bowels of the ship under the "D" in Destiny through some kind of side door. There was no gangway, just the roller thing left for produce loading. So the crew had to help walk us and grab us onboard.

We found out the ship was delayed because one of the CCL flights with over 100 people onboard was late as well due to an emergency stop.

Sorry, so long of a post, but is a true story and hopefully will convince folks not to cut it close willingly.

IslandCruz
Old 05-30-2007, 04:27 AM
Wow what a story I'm convinced.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, close, com, comfort, cruise, cutting, flight, fly, miami, reviews