Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 09:39 AM

HI! It`s our first time. Going in the begining of january. Half moon cay,Grand Turk, St. Thomas, San Juan.
1. Our cabin is on the 8th deck. Anything good about it? I`m kind of upset, but it was the best choise.
2.Any recommendations for the best place for snorkeling? St. Thomas looked good.
3. Swimming with dolphins. Has anyone done it? Is it worth money and time? Any cheaper way to do it?
4. Should we bring our own snorkeling equipment?
Can we snorkel on our own?
5. Canopy rainforest tour on San Juan. Is it a good tour, again,, is it worth time and money?
6. We are going to bring a very good camera, my boyfriend said that he`s not going to babysit it. So, my question is: is it safe to leave the camera on the beach?
7. Do we need to bring our own beach towels?
Old 10-21-2010, 05:20 PM

Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

I'll take #4 and #7.

Most snorkeling shore excursions include equipment or have it available for rental. I always bring my own because it fits well and I don't trust their sanitizing.

Carnival will supply beach towels. They keep count of them so make sure to return them to the Cabin Steward if you take them from the cabin or to the Towel Hut on Lido deck if you got them from there. If you don't return them they will charge your Sail & Sign account.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:42 PM

Thank you, Dwayne!!!
Old 10-21-2010, 06:33 PM

I’ll take #5.

We’ve done the “original canopy tour” in San Juan. We’ve also done canopy tours in Costa Rica and Jamaica. I would say that the canopy tour in San Juan was better than Jamaica.

Keep in mind that the tour bus that we took to the canopy tour was not able to make it up the very steep hill to the beginning of the tour. This was not because the bus was in bad condition but because the hill is extremely steep. It was freshly paved and there were two people from our tour that struggled trying to get up to the hut were the hand out the gear.

Overall we had a great time and were back in town in time to walk around.

As for #2…. I hear Coki Beach has good snorkeling.

Enjoy your cruise!
2004 Voyager, Adventure
2005 Explorer
2006 Brilliance
2009 Liberty, Enchantment
2010 Independence, Liberty
2011 Liberty, Freedom
2012 Freedom, Freedom, Independence
Feb 2013 Liberty
Mar 2013 Liberty
Nov 2013 Independence
Old 10-22-2010, 01:07 PM

Nothing wrong with deck 8. Without knowing exactly which cabin you took we can't say more than that.

As far as leaving a very expensive camera on the beach... no... I would not leave it. Would you leave you camera on a beach in the states?
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 10-22-2010, 01:44 PM

Thank you, Jim! It`s mid ship, close to hte pool on Lido deck - that`s my biggest concern. And i always live the camera on the beach, never been a problem, that`s why i asked.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Midwest Cruiser:
I’ll take #5.

We’ve done the “original canopy tour” in San Juan. We’ve also done canopy tours in Costa Rica and Jamaica. I would say that the canopy tour in San Juan was better than Jamaica.

Keep in mind that the tour bus that we took to the canopy tour was not able to make it up the very steep hill to the beginning of the tour. This was not because the bus was in bad condition but because the hill is extremely steep. It was freshly paved and there were two people from our tour that struggled trying to get up to the hut were the hand out the gear.

Overall we had a great time and were back in town in time to walk around.

As for #2…. I hear Coki Beach has good snorkeling.

Enjoy your cruise!
Thank you so much for this information!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 05:19 PM

Most often on St. Thomas I take the ferry over to St. John and go to Trunk Bay. I do feel comfortable leaving my camera and other things in my bag there beside the lifeguard stand. That is an exception though to my normal comfort level. Half Moon Cay I would probably be alright with as well, but then again, I don't have a real expensive camera and usually have friends around.

Okay, I think we need an answer to #3.

Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, canapy, canopy, carnival, cruise, juan, liberty, san, seas, tour