Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2007, 08:56 PM

I understand your not to bring food on the ship. Is there any problem with gum and breath mint tick tacks. I wouldn't think so but don't want to bring something that would get removed.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:22 PM

Hi retired, No Problem!

I for one have never thought about bringing food on board. I have thought about sneaking some off.

Do you have something in mind besides the tick tacs and gum?

Dwayne
Old 12-03-2007, 04:16 PM

No, Just usually carry these with me and if there would be any problem, I'd leave at home.
Thanks
Old 12-03-2007, 09:31 PM

You are welcome! And please don't worry about these things so much. You can't believe everything you read. Heck, I buy rum cakes on Key West, and they never say anything. I don't know what you heard, but it probably has to do with bringing certain foods on board from foreign ports.

Best wishes,

Dwayne
Old 12-05-2007, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by retired:
I understand your not to bring food on the ship. Is there any problem with gum and breath mint tick tacks. I wouldn't think so but don't want to bring something that would get removed.
No problem and as a matter of fact I've never seen any objection to bringing any food aboard any the ships we've sailed on although I really doubt if anyone would unless it's something they can't live without.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:39 AM
[partial quote]
No problem and as a matter of fact I've never seen any objection to bringing any food aboard any the ships we've sailed on although I really doubt if anyone would unless it's something they can't live without.[/quote]

There are some rules somewhere. For guests I have never seen anything enforced except by Customs officials. But the ships enforces more rigorously for crew. Strawberries were conficated from my daughter once. When we cruise she has us bring food on board if she wants it. She indicated once that they may be trying to reduce crew member smuggling of stuff. They go port to port to port but a guest only reaches a port once per cruise.

Closed Thread

Tags
carry, cruise, food, line, norwegian, restrictions, ship