Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2004, 08:10 PM

I was on Carnivals website and couldn't find anything about drinking water on the boat. I know they have a few free drinks they offer and I also know about the "fountain fun card", but water is nowhere to be found. Does anyone know anything about this?
Old 10-19-2004, 08:10 PM

I was on Carnivals website and couldn't find anything about drinking water on the boat. I know they have a few free drinks they offer and I also know about the "fountain fun card", but water is nowhere to be found. Does anyone know anything about this?
Old 10-20-2004, 03:20 AM

Hi Aaron,

welcome to Cruise-Chat.com.

You can unhesitatingly drink the water onboard. Iced water is also served free of charge with all meals.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 10-20-2004, 07:16 AM
Banned

A room steward told us that we should not drink the water from the tap. Use the bottled water. Sure at $3.50 per. I asked why and he said it is not as pure. BS. I then said that is not right because we are showering with it and washing our face so some will get into our body. If you are not comfortable with the tap water use a sport water bottle and fill it at the drink stations. You can always melt the ice cubes in the ice bucket and use that water as an alternative.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:06 AM

RIDGID,

with room stewards receiving a 15% gratuity on bottled water sales, one needn't wonder that some of them recommend using it. Fact is tapped water is perfectly fine, and it is checked continuously. The water available at drink stations (and the dining rooms) or in the ice buckets is the very same water, by the way.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 10-23-2004, 08:55 PM

What if you're someone who drinks a LOT of water daily. We usually drink about 2 quarts each daily. I have heard that they don't like you to bring your water onboard. Getting just the water at meals and an occasional sip just won't do it for us. We don't drink sodas and prefer plain water most of the time.
JUDY
Old 10-24-2004, 04:04 AM

Hi Judy,

simply bring a couple of empty bottles and fill them with the ship's water.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 10-25-2004, 01:55 PM
You will definitley want to bring something to drink from - either a water/soda bottle or plastic glass/cup of some sort. The drinking glasses at the drink stations are small - 6 oz. I pack a 16oz or 20 oz plastic glass in my luggage. Great for water or ice tea...
Old 10-29-2004, 01:25 AM

I AM A BIG WATER DRINKER AS WELL...I TOOK A BIG AQUAFINA BOTTLE AND REFILLED IT ALL THE TIME! I THOUGHT THE TAP WATER TASTED JUST FINE! I DON'T LIKE CRYSTAL GEYSER, SO I WOULD RATHER DRINK THE TAP WATER ANYWAY! IT WAS NOT A PROBLEM, AND NOBODY SEEMED PEEVED THAT I WAS TAKING SO MUCH WATER AT ONCE!
Old 10-29-2004, 03:24 AM

EDENO,

welcome to Cruise-Chat.com.

Just a general note regarding your postings: please do not use ALL CAPS, which is considered shouting on the internet. It is also rather difficult to read. Many thanks.

Raoul Fiebig

Closed Thread

Tags
board, carnival, cruises, drinking, onboard, soda, stations, water