Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2007, 03:53 PM

so, we are flying in from Seattle at 1;40 then then carnival picks us up...I am thinking we are going to miss most of the early lines. Probably will not get to boat until 2:30 or 3:00 and it sails at 4:00 pm. ALso, for debark...out flight does not leave until 7:40! So, can we kick back on the boat awhile? Do self-dabark so we have our stuff with us? What do you think??
Old 02-13-2007, 05:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Zita:
so, we are flying in from Seattle at 1;40 then then carnival picks us up...I am thinking we are going to miss most of the early lines. Probably will not get to boat until 2:30 or 3:00 and it sails at 4:00 pm. ALso, for debark...out flight does not leave until 7:40! So, can we kick back on the boat awhile? Do self-dabark so we have our stuff with us? What do you think??
Welcome to the addictive world of cruising. I know what you mean about lines...but this is really better than Disney World. Even after all these years, there is still an air of anticipation tht surrounds folks. Before we were Platinum, (no more line) we would stand and chat and build up the suspense. It was really kinda neat.

However, if you have a health problem that makes standing for long periods of time painful, they do have wheelchairs that will assist you. If you just let your TA or PVP know that you will need one for check in.

The lines of course will depend on the number of buses arriving at the same time. You did not mention which ship, so I don't know the port you will be flying into. Most (except Long Beach) have chairs instead where you sit and wait after you have checked in.

To save time, make sure you have filled out your Fun Pass.

Definately, do not do self-debark. They are the very first folks off. Since you have PLENTY of time when you get back to port, just sleep late...go up and get some breakfast (just leave your do not disturb sign on your door) then come back and relax until around 10am.

By that time, most of the luggage will be gone so yours will be easier to find.

I always take about $50 in 1 dollar bills for tipping room service, the piano player for requests, taxis etc.

Have a great cruise!!
Old 02-13-2007, 08:37 AM

Don't wait until the last hour! That is how luggage gets lost and doesn't make it to your room.

I work part time as a pier agent in Boston and have even seen luggage drop in the water, because the guys were in a hurry to get the last of the luggage on the ship.

Get there as early as possible so is there is a problem you can handle it.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zita:
No, not that important...I just hate lines! :-) At this point, I do not care. I just want my vacation to get here! Sunday can not get here soon enough.
Zita, Here is an idea. Look at the lines as part of the vacation. Talk to your fellow passengers who are also waiting. Find out where their rooms are, what other ships they have been on, what they look forward to. I had a ball with a young family who had not been on this ship before. We had. OOgled over how much fun we would have and where our cabins were. What we were planning to do at the Ports. Before you know it you are at the head of the line and made some friends to boot.

Closed Thread

Tags
achieve, benefits, carnival, cruise, cruises, ghet, it, lines, ncl, norwegian, request, status, suite, times, vip, worth