Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Hello everyone:

Just got back from my cruise on the Carnival Triumph. I had a good time despite a few dissapointments:
  • bed was too small
  • torential rain at sea and St. Thomas
  • no supper club
  • waiters could have been better
  • gasoline prices mande commute to port very expensive[/list]But there were still more positives than negatives.

I hope to write a review about the cruise for this website, but it will be the first time. I will have to learn how to do it.

Anyway, I am back from my forth cruise in total. And I look forward to the fifth one. All of you take care and have a great time on your cruises .
Old 11-17-2007, 09:10 PM

Welcome back Frase!

Dwayne
Old 11-17-2007, 10:48 PM

Frase, Sorry to hear about your bad weather.
We sailed on Oct. 13.07. First night out it poured but then we had beautiful weather. After we had been home a few days that last tropical storm hit. We were lucky. We ate in the Paris dining room and the staff was great. Very entertaing also. Hope everything else for you was good. Waiting for your report.
Sherry

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-18-2007, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Welcome home, Frase, and thank you for the feedback. Glad you had a good time overall, despite the few disappointments.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:23 AM

Can't wait for your review. I'm going on the Triumph next June.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-18-2007, 09:16 AM

Frase, Since you had been on other cruises prior you should have known the bed sizes, the dinner club availabilities, etc. Not much you can do about the weather.The inept waiter was a different story. Maybe he was reflecting his surroundings!
Old 11-18-2007, 07:55 PM
Instead of inept, the wait staff seemed to be distracted. They were probably too busy with too many tables to serve.

I am used to sleeping in a full size bed (or bigger). The bed I had onboard the Triumph was twin size or smaller. I just had to get used to moving around less when I slept. I was tempted to ask the cabin steward for a larger bed, but decided not to. Lucky for me I had the cabin all to myself.

The car rentals to Miami and then back to Orlando costed only $60 together. But the gasoline costed $80 together ($3.10US/gallon).

I really wanted to visit Magens Bay in St. Thomas, but the torential rains ruined that plan.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:32 PM

Frase, Did you have an upper/lower (bunk-Bed) cabin? Or one twin bed and a sofa?

Sorry you got rain on St. Thomas.

Dwayne
Old 11-19-2007, 07:47 AM
Banned

Did you get a chance to hear Tony Ray in the Piano bar???
Old 11-19-2007, 04:20 PM
- I got the twin and a sofa, now that I think about it. The sofa had that "hide-a-bed". I tried to open the bed, but it didn't work.

- Was Tony Ray, a middle-age, white, southerner with a pronounced southern drawl? If so, he had a mini-stage set-up on the Promenade Deck near the sushi-stand. And he was in-charge of Karaoke. WHen I sang once during the Karaoke, he asked me to audition as James Brown; which I turned-down. Apparently, he was also in-charge of finding the passenger talent for the Celebrity show on the last night.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, reviews, small, sofa, triumph