Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2006, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by donnavb5:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=336682

Too funny!
Thanks for the link....way TOO funny. FOFLMAO
Old 04-30-2006, 11:15 AM

Donnavb5
That was hillarious!!!! Wish I had the guts to do it. Maybe next time. Happy Sailing to all.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:13 PM
Administrator

On our Mariner Of The Seas cruise in 2004 there was one pool attendant who didn't play around. He'd see people mark their territory by leaving a book or something on a chair and then amble off to breakfast. He'd wait a few minutes and then pick their junk up and leave it on the counter at his station. He got into at least one confrontation when a snotty passenger tried to get in his face about it when she caught him moving her stuff. He didn't back down. I went up and thanked him and gave him a tip, being sure this woman saw me doing it. I really enjoyed her glare.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Another idea is to have a video crew called the chair hog patrol. They'd stand by and accost the violators like an investigative TV news reporter. In keeping with current cruise line policies, this video would then be offered for sale in the photo shop.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by oreo:
It is the same in the show lounge. A couple of people save a whole section for their friends and family.
oreo, we had the same situation on our last cruise -- a different line, by the way. I was about to take a seat in the show lounge when someone threw her purse on the seat just as I was sitting down. When I looked at her, she told me the seat was saved. That plus the entire row behind us. If I'd been braver, I would have informed her that the person who ended up sitting there would have to watch my son, who I had just put in the neighboring seat on the other side.

Great link, donnavb5. I could have ended up with a whole set of monogrammed towels from our last cruise. Doesn't matter that our last name doesn't begin with a letter between W and Y, but they certainly were pretty!
Old 05-01-2006, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave56:
Another idea is to have a video crew called the chair hog patrol. They'd stand by and accost the violators like an investigative TV news reporter. In keeping with current cruise line policies, this video would then be offered for sale in the photo shop.
LOL!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Another idea is to have a video crew called the chair hog patrol. They'd stand by and accost the violators like an investigative TV news reporter.
The problem is that the violator seldom shows up at the chair! The video crew would be standing there for an awfully looooong time...

Sandy
Old 05-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandy:
quote:
Another idea is to have a video crew called the chair hog patrol. They'd stand by and accost the violators like an investigative TV news reporter.
The problem is that the violator seldom shows up at the chair! The video crew would be standing there for an awfully looooong time...

Sandy

Good point. They often leave their junk on the chairs at 8am and then wait until the afternoon to return - so they can get that good sun.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:43 PM
test

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, chair, cruise, fascination, hog, hogs, lounge, royal, ship, sign, signs, towel