Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2006, 08:46 PM

How do you handle chair hogs? I have been on three cruises and this has been a problem on each one. Chairs with towels, books, etc., sit vacant for hours, near the pool. It really makes me angry. I will be on the Ecstacy 5/25/06 and I have been thinking about taking abandoned belongings to the lost and found. What do you think?
Old 04-27-2006, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Piggie:
How do you handle chair hogs? I have been on three cruises and this has been a problem on each one. Chairs with towels, books, etc., sit vacant for hours, near the pool. It really makes me angry. I will be on the Ecstacy 5/25/06 and I have been thinking about taking abandoned belongings to the lost and found. What do you think?
Sounds like there are some very selfish people around.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:28 AM

Hopefully the cruise line will take a stand (maybe people can sign out for chairs for 3-4 hour periods). It's a shame that type of thing goes on.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:04 AM

If you find the answer let me know. I understand you and agree with you that it isn't fair or right. Carnival says that you aren't allowed to 'save' chairs but they don't check or seem to care that everybody does. I understand holding a chair while you go to your cabin to get a book, or to grab a quick lunch.

I have noticed that while it does happen on other lines they must also have more chairs or something because the problem doesn't seem as severe as it is on Carnival's ships.

Caribbean Travel Articles
Old 04-27-2006, 12:17 PM

The other board I go on has some FUNNY responses. ONne lady says "I found some good items and I got suntan lotion and towels and sunglasses" then she says what she doesn't need she turns into LOST AND FOUND. Really only supposed to hold chair for 30 minutes so throw the towel on the ground and when someone shows up say "what towel?"
Old 04-27-2006, 01:04 PM

Right donnavb5, especially if all the towels look the same! Good luck to all of us honest and considerate people.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:17 PM

I totally agree, some one needs to start somewhere with this problem. It is the same in the show lounge. A couple of people save a whole section for their friends and family. I had to give up something in order to get there when I did to get a good seat. I could understand if it was just one or two people they were waiting for but 6-8 that's a bit much.
Carnival does not enforce the "rules" about saving seats, guess they don't want to tick any one off, well I was a bit ticked off with the
lounge chair and the theatre seat hogging as well. Am I not as important as the ones breaking the "rules".
Old 04-27-2006, 07:25 PM
I have never had a problem with that. I usually don't care where the chair is as long as it is in the sun. The big problem is with the chairs near the pool.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 04-28-2006, 06:05 PM

Maybe if you were looking for only one lounge chair!!
Old 04-29-2006, 05:54 AM

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=336682

Too funny!

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, chair, cruise, fascination, hog, hogs, lounge, royal, ship, sign, signs, towel