Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2007, 11:18 PM

I was returning from my cruise in Sept by plane. I went straight to the baggage pick up and waited for my luggage to come thru the turnstyle. I saw it come out onto the turnstyle (I knew it was mine because I always tie a colorful ribbon on it for easy identification) I was at the end of the turn style as I was in as big hurry as some people were. Well low and behold this man down from reached over and picked up my bag while I watched him my first thought was oh what a gentleman, BUT he grabbed it and headed to the door, I was stunned at first then I had to run after him yelling sir sir that is my luggage. He finally stopped because i was yelling and gave it back to me, then he took off running. He was trying to steal my luggage. I knew he didnt make a mistake because my colorful ribbon was still on it. So people always head straight down to the baggage pickup or you might end up headed for your cruise or coming home without your clothes, shoes, makeup, EVERYTHING...MACMOM
Old 01-23-2007, 04:55 AM
Where were you in what Airport?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-23-2007, 06:49 AM

That's kind of scary. I have been debating about getting Travel Insurance and now hearing your story I think I will

Caribbean Resort Reviews
Old 01-23-2007, 08:15 AM

as for travel insurance i would always recomend it. It's a cheap sence of security. We were in the dominican in early december and there was a women who to my bag off the turnstyle unlike you i was not so smart to tie a ribbon on it, so i just assumed that it was her bag and that mine was still comming. I walked by her though and seen my name on the bag tag. She naturally was embarrased because she did not even look at the tags. Its scary just how fast something like that could happen
Old 01-23-2007, 09:50 AM

we always get the ins better safe then sorry, have heard alot of stories about someone taking luggage.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:42 PM

Wow! I believe it. Security in the luggage area is very lacking. My luggage isn't hard to miss. Bright yellow with hot pink luggage tags. My other set is hot pink with bright yellow tags. Glad you got your luggage back. Which airport were you in?
Old 01-24-2007, 05:06 PM

I was at Raleigh Durham airport. I did talk to security and they said that they would step up security. And that they did think he was trying to steal it. I am lucky, I take all of my nice clothes with me for dinner. and i always buy new stuff to wear. It had my camera, my hairdrier, my make up, almost everything that I think is important for my every day life. I would have been sick if I had not seen him or had my ribbon on it...There was no mistake it was mine when i saw the ribbon.

Closed Thread