Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2006, 11:42 AM

Jerome, my wife Judy and I are booked on the Spirit in March. It will be our 15th cruise, the 10th on Carnival. When we cruise for 7 or 8 days we each carry ONE suitcase. The size that fits in the overhead of the plane and through the airport scanner. Even with the new tighter restrictions we'll going to do carryon. We'll pack what we know will pass security and simply buy new toothpaste etc when we get to San Diego. Trust me it can be done and the travel experience is SO much eaiser. We even carry our own luggage on board. We don't check it with the porter. Often times your bags won't be delievered to your room till early evening long after you sail. We like to have fresh clothes for our first dinner.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:57 PM

herb and judy do you do the formal night how do you get all your clothes in there
Old 09-21-2006, 02:52 PM

IslandCruz... I don't really wear the same shirt through the whole cruise.... I do bring casual shirts (mostly like Dave.. Tropical shirts and shorts..) I bring a couple of pairs of dockers to wear to casual dinner nights. But for T-shirts, one is enough.. the rest I end up buying in port.

Herb&Judy is not the first person I have heard/seen pack in this manner. On carry on suitcase for a week. But so far everyone I have talked to spends most of their time by the pool, so a lot of casual wear is not needed. I also have not met someone that does this that does a true formal night (if they go, its "dressy casual")

It can be done. But my wife and girls will break the bank on luggage anyway and its not worth the effort for me to fight them on luggage.

Like IslandCruz said... pack what you want. Its your cruise... enjoy it. If you enjoy dressing in something nice each night. I say go for it. As long as you meet the airlines luggage rules (weigh every bag before you leave home and leave room for stuff you buy) it doesn't matter. If you don't mind giving the baggage guys the tips, you don't have to lug anything. But I will temper that thought with the statement that if you are packing a pair of shoes for each outfit.. STOP. Pick a pair or two of shoes and bring outfits that go with them.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 09-22-2006, 04:38 AM

Jim C. You know I was kidding with you about wearing 1 T all week, as you kid me about things I say.

It is a matter of what you can travel with like you said. I have over packed so many times. I am going to 1 dress pants, and 1 dress shirt, but 2 different ties.

As far as Herb&Judy, that does not seem possible to pack for a 7-8 day with a carry-on that fits over head. But I am sure they know how to do it.

What is funny to me is I actually met a retired couple Herb and Judy on Carnival Pride 3-02.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:11 PM

You answered my question. I was wondering how may pair of shoes/sneakers. I guess black, brown and white. Three pair that's it. Thanks

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, luggage, norwegian, suitcase