Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2005, 05:52 AM

thanks for the info, i did e-mail ccl and they told to check with my t/a which i did, all the others are in a group of 30 however they also had guarantee reservations. the reason for my concern is because when i booked 13 months ago my t/a told me that i would have a cat 12 if i booked a cat 11 at that time, i think maybe i was getting a bull story from my t/a
Old 12-29-2005, 07:28 AM

Hi I have a triple guarantee inside cabin, I believe category 4. It was the cheapest. Made the reservation as part of a group months ago for a Feb. 2 sailing. Taking all of this into consideration, do I have a chance in **** of getting an upgrade or is this just wishful thinking?
Old 12-29-2005, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Carnival is very strict when it comes to revealing specific cabin assignments for guaranteed bookings. They really won't tell you or your agent in most cases, and you find out when you get to the baggage drop-off at the pier. There will be someone with a manifest list who will tell you your cabin number and give you the appropriate luggage tags.

I was under the impression Carnival had squashed the ability to find out the guaranteed cabin number via the famous "Kelly Method". Perhaps their new website has allowed this to happen again.

I never take the chance on a guaranteed cabin. I like to pick my cabin out based on it's location and I don't want it changed by the cruise line. Another thing to note is that "upgrade" virtually never means going from an inside cabin in the bowels of the ship to the owner's suite. What it usually means is going to a higher deck in the same sized cabin.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:16 AM

i have never booked this way in the past,i like picking my room as well, however since i paid for a cat 11 with promise of a cat 12 even if i don't find out before i get to the ship my room can't be anything less than a cat 11, is that true?i thought this was a good deal since on the spirit the cabins are in the same area
Old 12-29-2005, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Yes, you will have at least at Cat 11.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:18 PM

Dave,
Unless things have changed again, I believe it was sometime ago that CCL said they would have cabins assigned when documents were issued. I have a group of 33 people on the Destiny 26 Feb and the paper work I received already shows them getting upgraded from 4A guarantee to 4D. I have another small group on the Fascination Feb 3. I just got the documents and they were upgraded from 4a guarantee to 4C.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:08 AM

DAVE
WHAT IS THE KELLY METHOD?
Old 12-30-2005, 06:48 AM

Dominic,

if you search this forum - on the top of this page click "Find" enter "Kelly Method" and click "Go" with "Search current forum only" checked - you will find lots of information on the Kelly Method in earlier threads.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 12-30-2005, 07:59 AM

Well, I guess my wife and I were just darn lucky. We paid for our April cruise 1 1/2 months before sailing. Being our first, we paid for the rock bottom inside stateroom. 1st deck...when we got there, we were booked into an 8th deck balcony. Wow! We never want an inside after having the balcony. Maybe they did it on purpose? To hook us into the balcony from now on? Who knows...

Carnival Glory - May 2009
Carnival Glory - April 2007
Carnival Glory - April 2005

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-30-2005, 10:42 AM

NO LUCK I WENT THRU THE KELLY METHOD, THANKS FOR TRYING TO HELP

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, bl, bumped, carnival, chance, chances, cruise, destiny, freedom, guarantee, kelly, method, moved, review, septembeer