Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Carnival rates are going up? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/21049-carnival-rates-going-up.html)

CrazyCruiser 08-23-2007 09:19 AM

since last year whats it all about? we got to pay for repairing the docks ?

<edited by Dave to fix the subject line>

LHP 08-23-2007 11:04 AM

Personally, I am surprised they have stayed as low as they have for so long.

Fuel prices are much higher than in years past. The cost of beef has risen a good bit these past 2 years. I used be able to get my whole ribeyes at Krogers on sale for $2.99 a pound. Now they are on sale for $4.99 a pound.

As the cost of business rises...so will our fares.

Still the best product for the money as far as I am concerned. But I do not believe we will see all the $199 deals they offered last year.

Dave 08-23-2007 01:07 PM

Yes indeed, still a good deal for the money. Fuel costs are no doubt the major reason for any price increases, both for fueling the ships and for the cascading effect of higher fuel costs impacting food prices.

CrazyCruiser 08-23-2007 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dave Beers:
Yes indeed, still a good deal for the money. Fuel costs are no doubt the major reason for any price increases, both for fueling the ships and for the cascading effect of higher fuel costs impacting food prices.
gas is cheaper than thanksgiving last yesr and at same time was lots cheaper?ill bring the ramen noodles.LOL

Dave 08-23-2007 03:49 PM

Gary,

Don't just look at what the price is now for fuel, look at the price over the course of the last year. The cruise lines are probably trying to make up for lost revenue they had to eat earlier this year when fuel prices were way up there. The bottom line is a cruise line can raise prices because their financial analysts tell them they can do it without losing customers.

Larry in Miami 08-23-2007 04:53 PM

ll in all the rates are not too bad.

garnettsmith 08-23-2007 05:00 PM

Regardless of the recent price increases, I've always felt that cruising, in general, was a rare exception to the pricing rule.

For example, when my wife and I took our 1st anniversary cruise in 1980, we got a regular outside room on NCL's 16,000 ton Skyward for $899/person. This was cruise only...and in the middle of August.

Today, 27 years later, you can cruise on a ship that puts the Skyward to shame for less money.

Garnett

CrazyCruiser 08-23-2007 05:50 PM

its a 150 per person more this yaer than last same dates .. ill have to get a room with no view! LOL.

PC GUY 08-23-2007 06:55 PM

I always seem to pay around $1500.00 CDN/person for my cruise + air, usually I fly out of Toronto, but for my next cruise I will be flying out of Buffalo. The Canadian Dollar has been steadily rising, so this is what I have been able to get for my money over the years:

2004 - 4 Day Fascination Cat 6A ocean view (alone with single supplement)
2005 - 7 Day Carnival Glory 1A (alone with single supplement), upgraded to 4B
2005 - 5 Day Imagination Cat 11 Suite (cancelled due to Hurricane Wilma)
2006 - 7 Day Carnival Victory Cat 8C
2007 - 7 Day Carnival Triumph Cat 6E
2007 - 5 Day Carnival Elation Cat 12 Penthouse Suite

whickey 08-23-2007 08:01 PM

hey another canadian. Ya I love that the dollar is up it only cost me 5cents on the dollar to book my last cruise instead of my last one. As well the cost of things shiped out of the stats is better. How did you find the check in on catagory 12 check in. I here that is is alot better. We are vip for my hawaii cruise. so excited to get that perk