Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2005, 02:30 PM

Hello, I am going in Nov on the Celebration out of Jacksonville. I would appreciate any comments on this ship, especially since the renvovation in 03.
Thanks
Old 10-12-2005, 06:46 PM

It is very small and old but I've never sailed on it so I wouldn't know.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:01 AM
Celebration was my very first cruise, and then I caught the cruise bug they just keep getting better, I am booked for my 7th in January, Celebration is best describe and cozy since it is a smaller ship there is alot less walking and searching for places as the bigger ships they have a grat crew and we enjoyed our time spent on her. happy Cruz'n not to mention I won a slot tournament on her $500.00
Old 10-13-2005, 04:21 AM

burnettj,
I have sailed on the Clebration both pre and post renovations. Rather than considering it to be small and old, I think the Celebration is a comfortable size ship and with the reonovations completed did not appear to be old or tired at all. She was a clean ship, had a pleasant staff and at the time I sailed her, well managed.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-13-2005, 10:40 AM

We did Celebration out of Galveston couple of years ago. It was very nice. Our 2nd cruise. I accidently threw away a package with some earring in it and the cabin steward went to the trouble of trying to locate it ... didn't find it, but earned him extra for his effort.

We are going on 4th cruise in January on the Conquest. Can hardly wait.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:12 AM

Sailed on Celebration late Oct. last year. It is a smaller ship, but I have to echo the previous post as is very tidy and well ran. Had a great time, and I too did well on the slots! This ship had a great and personable crew, and made for a wonderful cruise. I like the smaller ships, Heck, I wish they would refurbish the Tropicale, Carnivale, and Mardi Gras! These ships make for such a more personable and memorable cruise than the floating Hotel/Cafeterias they have sailing now! Hope you have a great one, Island
Old 10-16-2005, 04:15 PM

Celebration was our first cruise and we too caught the bug! Went out of Galveston. The ship was small, especially now as i compare it to others but fun.

We were on it before any rennovations and it reminded me of a ship out ofthe Disco era. Thought I'd run into the BeeGees every time I rounded the corner!

Crew was marvelous, very helpful and friendly! Food was great too!

It was easy to get around and didn't take several days to find your way around like the larger mega cruise ships. You will have a great time!

Closed Thread

Tags
back, celebration, cruise, info, line, ship, size, time