Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 11:12 PM

Welcome back! Glad ya'll had a great time, and the weather worked out. I kept checking the wave indicators Thursday, worrying about any residual effects from Dolly.

Cozumel Caribe sounds like a good deal to me.

I can't wait to hear more!

Dwayne
Old 07-29-2008, 06:08 PM

I concur with a lot that Dave has said about the Holiday. The ship is looking good for 23 years. Minor things are to be expected. My faucet was leaking and had low water pressure. The shower wasn't exactly working to well. Tepid if that. But I didn't let it bother me. The Holiday is a good cruise for a short get-a-way. The food was good, waiter good, and the entertainment I saw was good. There seemed to be plenty of activities scheduled. As Dave mentioned, the cruise director is an awesome fiddle player. It was a good cruise.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
the cruise director is an awesome fiddle player
Carnival must pay him nicely because I have to think he'd make a good income as professional fiddler.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
My faucet was leaking and had low water pressure. The shower wasn't exactly working to well. Tepid if that. But I didn't let it bother me
We had the same issues, and we expected them based on our prior Holiday cruises. The water pressure is hit-and-miss, and the same goes for hot water. Oftentimes, just turning the faucets on and off can make a difference. I did that more than once and got full pressure and hot water for at least a little while.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
The water pressure is hit-and-miss, and the same goes for hot water. Oftentimes, just turning the faucets on and off can make a difference. I did that more than once and got full pressure and hot water for at least a little while.

So what your really saying is you were hogging all the hot water?
Old 07-29-2008, 08:58 PM

That is funny!

I distinctly remember having to dance around in the shower on the Holiday. And that was seven years ago. As soon as I thought I had the temperature right it would change. I know that happens on all ships, but this was to extremes. Ah well, it served to wake me up in the mornings.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
bon, caribbean, carnival, chat, cruise, fiddle, iv, player, royal, smooth, voyage