Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 04:26 PM

Hi Were setting sail on The triumph on May 15th going for 7 days . I would like some info, on some good excursions we will be cruising to the keys from New Orleans then off the next day to the Bahamas can't wait this will be our first cruise. Will be going with some friends but they are more intrested in shoping.Thanks.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

I am always envious of first time cruisers. The excitement and anticipation is like no other you will experience. The Triumph is a nice ship with very good food and that great Carnival service and entertainment. Really, the crew makes it special.

Shopping will be a popular thing for all three of your ports. For Key West I suggest you hop on the Old Town Trolley. You pay the fare and can get on and off all day as the trolley buses continually do the route.

For Nassau you might like going to Paradise Island which is just a mile or so from the pier. I'd take a cab and avoid the water taxi. On Paradise Island you can check out some things for free at the Atlantis resort but they charge for many things, and not cheap. If you've never been to Nassau just taking the basic highlight tour of the island can be pleasant, plus it doesn't take up all your time there so you can still do other things.

It depends on the level of activity you want to do. You can also snorkel, hit some beaches, or do more active things.

For a 1st time cruiser I suggest you look at the tours offered by Carnival. These offer you some peace of mind as far as not missing the ship, and offer a good selection.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:31 PM

Thank you for the info. Me and my husband can't wait to go. We just hope we will have some nice weather. I love hearing from others about there trip.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:42 AM

We were in Naussa on Carnival Glory in November. We took the excursion to Atlantis and were able to spend as much time as we wanted wondering around the resort with our bracelets on we could go anywhere. It was a lot of fun, but personally I probably wouldn't pay for it again. As for shopping on Naussa you "Have to see" the Straw Market. I've never seen anything like it. We were so lucky in that the day we were there the Island just happened to be celebrating their Military and we got treated to a Parade...that was my most enjoyable and memorable part of that port. I took so many pictures of that parade.

I agree with Dave there is nothing like your first cruise. It won't matter what you choose to do you will have a blast!!

ENJOY!!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-23-2010, 07:30 AM

Hi broomladyst4, welcome to Cruise-Chat! Congratulations on your up-coming cruise! Just be warned, cruising is addictive I hope you have great weather, too. Key West is one of my favorite spots. Whether it's bar hopping, shopping in any of the unique stores along Duval Street, visiting Mallory Square, taking the conch train tour, eating Conch fritters, visiting the Hemmingway house or the many museums, you're going to have a ball. If you're lucky enough to sail around sundown, you'll get to see all the performers come out to Mallory Square to celebrate and put on their shows. It's a VERY unique place, indeed.

Nassau is a nearby foreign country that speaks English, although, their accent might be hard to understand The straw market is a unqiue shopping venue, the Atlantis is amazing and Cabbage Beach (the free beach adjacent to the Atlantis) is a very nice beach.

However you decide to spend your time, I'm sure you will enjoy cruising. Best wishes!
Old 04-23-2010, 07:37 AM

I agree with Dave here on envying first timers. I can remember the thrill of cruising the first time. You will know fairly quickly if you are a new cruise addict. When it over and you think to yourself, "can't wait to do this again" you will know your hooked.

However, even after 12 cruises, the thrill of boarding the ship is still there because you know what is in store for you...

Have a great time!
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 04-23-2010, 08:03 AM

Thank you all for the lovely reply I can't wait to go. I was undecided if we will get a excursion in the keys are not. A friend of our's is going on the bar hopping one so we will decide when we get on the ship. But I will be sure to go on the Alantis excursion. Is it better to get it now are can I wait to book it when I get on the cruise. Thanks everybody wish y'all all a great time on y'all next cruise. God Bless.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:22 AM

The bar hopping excursion can easily be done on your own, if they're sold out. The Atlantis tour can also be done on your own. However, I normally book an excursion that I would be bummed if I didn't get, just to make sure. Some sell out quickly, some you can do on your own.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:57 AM

Congrats on your 1st cruise! You will absolutely love it, I'm sure! Not to put a damper on things, but has anyone got any updates on the oil spill situation? We will be on the Triumph (hopefully) on 5/22. I did just read that the oil spill has reached the coast of New Orleans. I am DEFINITELY worried about how it will affect the cruise ships.

Sue
Old 04-30-2010, 06:56 AM

Yes, you will probably get hooked on cruising. So much fun! Please give us a report of your trip when you return. My wife and I have thought about taking this cruise, so we would like to know what you think about it. Thanks!

Closed Thread