Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 12:15 AM

Quote:
I couldn't get past the boring bathroom speech.
I gave up counting how many times they said "crucial".

Welcome back Rich, Just curious if they charged you for the upgrade?

Dwayne
Old 01-22-2009, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Payne:
Thanks to whoever posted that video. That seems decent for a single cruiser, and as I found out on my last cruise, I was hardly ever in my stateroom except to sleep, shower, or change, since there's so much to do.
Your welcome. When I first booked my cabin, I searched high and low for more photos/video of what it would look like. I had stayed in a regular inside cabin before on Fantasy, but I wanted to see what a 1A offered. The photos that Carnival has of them, did not look very appealing, but the video showed otherwise.

I will take my own video of the cabin, and I can assure you, I will talk way less then the lady in the video that I posted. I know that there has to be others out there, that want to know what these cabins are really like and I love to take photos so I will come back with some good ones to share. I sail Feb 7th out of Galveston on the Estascy.

Bahama's / Fantasy / 2003
Old 01-22-2009, 02:51 AM

Quote:
I will take my own video of the cabin, and I can assure you, I will talk way less then the lady in the video that I posted. I know that there has to be others out there, that want to know what these cabins are really like and I love to take photos so I will come back with some good ones to share. I sail Feb 7th out of Galveston on the Estascy.
RavenDays, I know what you mean about actually seeing one of the cabins. The link you posted was a good example of one. Some of us (myself included) were probably overly critical of the content.

Congrats, on your upcoming cruise and I hope you have a great one! I look forward to your pictures.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 01-22-2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
quote:

RavenDays, I know what you mean about actually seeing one of the cabins. The link you posted was a good example of one. Some of us (myself included) were probably overly critical of the content.

Congrats, on your upcoming cruise and I hope you have a great one! I look forward to your pictures.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne

I dont think anyone was too critical about her video, it did tend to get annoying to a me too. But it did give me a better idea of what I am in for when I get on board. I called Carnival tonight to see if there were any upgrades to be had, and was told no. The guy told me that I am already on the top of the ship pretty much and that if I wanted to upgrade cabins I would have to pay double what I am now paying. I think I will stay right where I am. This will be my first solo cruise and I am excited and nervous at the same time.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:52 PM

Raven

Don't be nervous about cruising alone. I did a little over a year ago (October 2007), and met so many people. Since you mentioned this is your first solo cruise, I assume you have cruised before, so you probably know this, but I'll mention it anyway. You'll probably find that there's so much to do on the ship and in the ports, that you are almost never in your stateroom except to sleep, shower, and change. This is what I found when I went on my cruise.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 01-25-2009, 03:36 PM

I missed the link to the video. Is it something that can be "re-posted"? Thanks!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I missed the link to the video.
Go back to the first page of this thread and you'll find the link.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Payne:
Raven

Don't be nervous about cruising alone. I did a little over a year ago (October 2007), and met so many people. Since you mentioned this is your first solo cruise, I assume you have cruised before, so you probably know this, but I'll mention it anyway. You'll probably find that there's so much to do on the ship and in the ports, that you are almost never in your stateroom except to sleep, shower, and change. This is what I found when I went on my cruise.
I have cruised once before. I was on the Fantasy in 2003 out of Port Canaveral. My best friend and I went on a 4 night to the Bahamas. We had an inside cabin then. And your right, all we did was change, shower and sleep in that cabin.

Thanks for your kind words.

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, carnival, cruise, cruises, insde, inside, lower, lowers, room, stateroom, staterooms, upper, upperlower, uppers, whats