Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2008, 07:47 PM

What happened to the Celebration ship out of Jasksonville Fl.? I did not see it on the Carnivals Website. We were thinking about taking this paricular cruise. Is this cruise coming back? What's going on?
Old 06-30-2008, 02:29 AM

Hi "P", The Celebration is no longer a Carnival brand named ship, and as you found out is no longer in Jacksonville. The Fascination will replace her and begin sailing on Sept. 20th. this year. I am looking forward to it as well.

Here is a link to the Press Release.

Dwayne
Old 07-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Banned

John Heald has some great pictures of the new "Grand Celebration" ( I think that is her new name.)

She looked cool!!!
Old 07-03-2008, 03:03 PM

I think I'll miss Celebration, J-ville is a real easy drive from home. She was very classy, not like walking through a pinball machine like some of the other ships.
I am looking forward to Fascination moving in though. I enjoyed watching people cringe as the Celebration passed under the Dames Pt. Bridge. I can guess it'll look like the only thing separating the ship from the bridge will be a few layers of paint.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-03-2008, 06:19 PM

Quote:
I enjoyed watching people cringe as the Celebration passed under the Dames Pt. Bridge. I can guess it'll look like the only thing separating the ship from the bridge will be a few layers of paint.
Yeah, I hope they make accurate calculations on that one.

I like the new itinerary.

Dwayne
Old 07-24-2008, 08:24 AM

i have to say the celebration was got to be one of my favorite she was in the top 4 of all my cruises and i will never forget her its hard to believe it has almost been a year since i last was on her. now only 2 of my top four ships our left the Caribbean princess and the sov of the seas and just think i will lose the sov this October if only ships were still made like that.

Closed Thread

Tags
bigist, carnival, carnvel, celebration, cruis, cruise, fl, forum, happened, jacksonville, january, pictures, reviews, ship