Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Dang. I keep talking like this and I'll have to change my booking for next summer.
Dang. You keep talking like that and I may quit looking for deals on the Oasis for next fall. I don't want to be lost and have food sub par to what I am used to on Carnival.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:29 AM

Is there a wok station on the Carnival Legend? It sounds so yummy!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:36 AM

None of the Spirit class ships have the Mongoloian BBQ. They have Asian Delights. They also have Rotissiere, a Steakhouse, and Sushi.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Asian Delights is good too.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by NurseAmy99:
Hello fellow cruise lovers!

I was hoping for some help. I have taken several cruises but only with Royal Caribbean & Princess. I am looking at a Carnival ship this time. I get so many mixed reviews. Most good reviews I get are from people that have only cruised on Carnival, so they realy have nothing to compare it to. Has anyone been on others to give me a good comparison?

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks much!
I think with any cruise line...it has more to do with the embarkation port, the ship and the time of year that you sail...than anything else.

We have only cruised Carnival (so we are obviously pleased) however, we have criteria before selecting a cruise.

We try not to cruise in the summer. Of course, with our oldest in College...we do have to make an exception from time to time like August 19th.

We are big fans of the Spirit class. We have done all four Spirit class ships and they are all wonderful.

We are doing the Spirit to Hawaii in 2012!!!
(15 days round trip...no airfare...from San Diego~not Ensenada...although we do have a stop in Ensenada the day before the cruise ends, to take care of the Jones Act)

Being born and raised in the South, I can talk about us. LOL

The Mobile port draws a different crowd than the New York port. Not better or worse...just different.

I think you will have a wonderful cruise.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:46 PM

Carnival does have bigger standard cabins than the other cruise lines.

And...., I really enjoy the waiters singing in the dining room. I think it sets the "Fun Ship" mood.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:38 AM

We have been on 5 Carnival cruises and have just returned from our first RCI cruise on the Monarch of the seas. I will send in my review in the next day or so but thought I would offer my 2 cents worth right now.

RCI used plastic dishes at the breakfast and lunch buffet area, am I on a picnic or a cruise?
Carnival's were china plates and mugs. Dinner on RCI used a plain white china plater while I can remember Carnival dinners starting off with a decorative charger only to be replaced with a white china plate when you meal arrived.

RCI precooked burgers, dogs and grilled cheese and kept them on the buffet table, when were they cooked?
Carnival BBQ'd burgers and dogs as the people requested them.

RCI - chocolate milk was not to be found in the mornings.
Carnival must have had a brown cow somewhere onboard as there was plenty.

Ship - Monarch of the seas - disgraceful, poor design especially the theatre upper level, out dated, dirty, maintenance wise they seem to just put a band aid on most things, very dull as in the way of decor. perhaps it was a nice ship 19 years ago when it came out.

Carnival - outstanding (we have been on 5 and loved them all!)the designs, the flashy decor.

Service and friendliness of crew - equal

Some folks refer to RCI as being a class higher than Carnival, not from where I was standing, sitting or eating.

Will try one more RCI larger ship in the near future but an really missing Carnival.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:00 PM

Sailed both RCI and Carnival and like Carnival better. Food is better, cabins are larger, and I think Carnival is a better value. We also like Carnival's kids program much better. Just my two cents worth.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-15-2010, 09:45 AM

We've sailed on Carnival, Costa, HAL, NCL, RCCL, Celebrity and Princess. Princess is my favorite, followed by Costa, followed by NCL and Carnival, then HAL, then RCCL, then Celebrity. I personally, love the singing/dancing waiters, especially when the passengers can get involved in the dance line.

We've enjoyed all 7 of our Carnival cruises and will definitely sail them again. We were on the Valor last May and had a marvelous time. The food was great, they had fish and chips, and a deli, and a Mexican area. The cabin was very roomy and the crew were great.

I don't think you'll be disappointed at all
Old 11-15-2010, 09:55 AM

I guess I'm one of the few who like the singing & dancing waiters in the dining room. But hey, I'm just a redneck from Louisiana!

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
bbq, carnival, ccl, clothing, deck, embarkation, ensenada, miami, mongolian, ncl, norwe, optional, rccl, spirit, sun