Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2007, 01:33 PM

We are planning a cruise on the Legend in Sept. If a hurricane developes I know they would have to change ports which is ok. But if the ship can not return to the home port due to a hurricane, does the ship make arrangements to help you get to your car, or airport. And does cruise insurance cover it if you must make your own arrangements?
Old 06-15-2007, 01:35 PM

Yes and yes.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:30 PM

Yep...no worries!
Quote:
Originally posted by macmom111:
We are planning a cruise on the Legend in Sept. If a hurricane developes I know they would have to change ports which is ok. But if the ship can not return to the home port due to a hurricane, does the ship make arrangements to help you get to your car, or airport. And does cruise insurance cover it if you must make your own arrangements?
Old 06-29-2007, 06:19 AM
From what I am to understan this year the hurricane/storm season hasn't been as bad as in the past, is this a true statement I was wondering?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-29-2007, 07:10 AM

Spiritfilled, hurricane season just started a couple of weeks ago, so it's hard to say how good or bad it's going to be. Only mother nature will know for sure.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:41 AM

Yes, and we have not got into the most active time yet. Last I read it was suppose to be above normal activity. But, who knows with this wacky weather this year.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
Yes, and we have not got into the most active time yet. Last I read it was suppose to be above normal activity. But, who knows with this wacky weather this year.
Last year the prediction was above normal hurricane season and 2006 turned out to be a nothing year for hurricanes. It is hard to predict. I think it is going to be nothing year.

However, the only hurricanes that are the problem are the ones that affect the home port. All the rest can be avoided.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 06-29-2007, 08:55 AM

This year has been predicted to have an active hurricane season. Whether it be El Nino or Al Gore's "global warming", do not worry about your current or any impending cruises. Carnival will not fail you when it comes to routing or recompensation. Hurricanes and tropical storms are an act of God and you are not responsible for their occurence.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:03 AM
This is a little strange but I don’t believe much in those hurricane predictions.
Meteorologists use physics in order to make their predictions, as a person that have live thru a few hurricanes in my life, since I live in Puerto Rico, I believe this is more of a news and media generating panic so you stay tune to them.
I know sad things like new Orland’s are fresh in our memory…but
I have making a few studies myself and I believe that since Asia move about 1 cm of their continent position, the currents in the Caribbean have change and the next few years the hurricanes are going to be very erratic so if difficult to establish where they are going to hit or if they will even develop.
Also a few year before a friend was affected by a hurricane that hit Florida. Carnival victory couldn’t got out of port because of it and carnival make all the necessary arrangements for him and change his sailing date, they even upgrade him to a suite because all the trouble.
Believe me carnival will not take any chances and by his experience they even will make arrangements for you, for a future sailing if this happen…

Enjoy your Cruise

Old 06-29-2007, 08:39 PM

IBC and Casanova, I hope you are both right about this. Those things stress me out.

Casanova, I don't know how long you have lived in P.R. But, Click Here for something we may have in common.

They do a great job of re-routing and steering away from storms. It just is nerve racking if you are driving down to a port that one is heading towards.

IslandCruz

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, change, cruise, cruisers, forum, goer, hugo, hurricane, hurricanes, season